Friday, June 27, 2008

No Time To Talk, Holding Steady Though

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183-pounds.

That's only 3-pounds from my maintenance weight. It's no where near what I want. I am hoping someday to be around 160-pounds.

Some people say that's too skinny. Well, I have 20 pounds of flab on my tummy that says differently. The problem is my body has said, "Umm, 180 is it bud." I have been restricting calories, cutting the sweets, and still here I am.

I haven't got more time to write. I have to be on my way.

Counter since this post: 3600

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

A said...

I hear you. Some say to me, "Why do YOU want to lose weight?" recognizing I weigh considerably less than them.

That's half of it. They see I weigh less than they do, a weight and fitness level they do not enjoy. I'm empathetic here, having been heavier, and envious of those who weigh what I do now.

How do I do know I am not 'done'? Same as you: a flabby gut. True, I can run 10 miles now with some ease, and my resting pulse is sometimes as low as 45. Not enough. Not so long as I have a gut. A belly might might a great Santa Clause, but it also makes for a bad back.

Will I get the hard stomach I had when I was 20? Who knows, but the fight to get it will not stop.

Progress is slow, but if I do the right things the right way, right things will follow. The wrong things never lead to the right results, especially in matters of health. There is no "MegaCal Diet," or "Drink a six pack, get six-pack abs." Anyone chasing that lie is a fool, glutton or liar about their desire to be fit.

I'm not pretending to get fit. You, nor I, are not waiting on anyone to approve our plan, to say, "Good Dave, good boy," and pat us on the head. No sir. We are men, doing what men must do. Men do not sit on our duffs and watch the world go by on cable TV, but we get it done.

Look at Tim Russert. Would he be alive if he lost 50 lbs? No way to know, but we know his odds of dying increased. I want my odds to decrease. I want to look better, I want to feel better.

So do you.

Press on!

For your entertainment:
http://bigwhack.blogspot.com

David Dane said...

thanks resiliant hawk...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...