Monday, July 30, 2007

Don't Deceive Yourself

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 189.2-pounds.

This morning I went out for a jog. It was a slow deliberate jog around the college track on its outer ring. I went eight laps which took about 1/2 hour. I wrote it was a slow deliberate jog.
I had a fat man, and an old guy whizz past me. I even had two slugs, a ground snail with a large shell and an earth worm slither on by me.

As you can see I have hit a new low for this weight losing season. I just got a call from my boss while I was here blogging. I have to go to work early. So I must be on my way.

I had some thought to share with you. I guess I will hold on them.

I will write this for now: If by chance you should happen upon my blog and start to read it, I hope you will know that I am a real person. This is not a made up story about my weight loss progress. It's real.

I keep running into fat people that I talk to who are lying to me, and to themselves. If you are fat, and getting fatter, you aren't hurting me. You are hurting you. You are endangering your health, your quality of life, and your personal productivity by continuously gaining weight.

You also have to realize something, people are judging you by how much you weigh. If you look fat, then people assume the worst about you. It may not be true, but they do.

I lost fifty pounds only by cutting back on the size of the portions that I ate, and by counting calories for just about everything I ate. I had a calorie window that I stick to most of the time. On some days I go past it.

The overall trend for my weight is down. You can see that on the right panel.

It has not been easy. In the very beginning I was hungry, dizzy, frustrated, angry, and sorely unhappy with having to do without food. I had food but not like I used to.

Now some people say I have actually gotten more pleasant since I started this. Well, believe me, they weren't in my skin. I am not in your skin.

Quit lying to yourself like one of my close family members. He's a big guy, and he needs to cut off about 100 pounds. He thinks he's OK. He has a flap of belly skin that hangs about two inches. He's fat, and getting fatter. I hope he doesn't end up in intensive care with heart failure.

I am not writing that anyone should suddenly go on a fast and deprive themselves of food. I am writing that it is time to cut down those portion sizes. I am writing don't lie to yourself anymore and say to yourself everything is OK, when it's not.

If you need to lose weight, you can. But, you have to be ready to give up something to get off those pounds. I am so sorry that you will have to. But, we over eat in America. We are spoiled.

Our country is suffering for it.

Bye for now....

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...