Thursday, April 11, 2013

222.2-Pounds Today !

Hello Weigh Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 222.2-Pounds.

A few days ago I was writing that I went Zing past that 222 number right on into the 220-Pounds range...

Well a few things went wrong (ahem, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies. They were girl scout cookies and for a good cause... ) and I jumped right back up to almost 225-Pounds...

I was glad to see last night when I got home from work that my scale showed 223-Pounds because I knew when I woke up it would show less than that. I weigh myself in the morning bare butt naked (anyone want pictures...? I am just kidding...).

Now do I feel guilty for eating ice cream, or cookies? NO !!!!! Should you slither along on your belly and feel guilty for eating Ice Cream? NO !!!! As long as that is part of your total plan. Let me say I don't eat the fat free ice cream, or diet ice creams. I eat the real stuff. Well, I think it might be the real stuff. (Who can tell these days?) Is Haagen Daz real ice cream?

I was disgusted the last two days like I had written. I was miffed when I saw that 220-Pounds disappear into 224.6-Pounds. I fully expected I would get back to the 219-Pounds in days. It didn't happen, so I got snotty and said to myself, "I am going to enjoy myself."

If it's any help to you at all, your weight is going to go up and down like that. For me, it was just stuff waiting to leave. I had forgotten that I was out late and was given a plate of macaroni noodles, salad and bread to eat for a late meal, and that was compounding my problem.

Everything seems to be back on track. I am not at that 220-range, although I am progressing slow-but-sure. That's really all I can hope for. That's what you should be looking for "Slow-but-sure." You should be making progress over a long period of time. Just remember, when you reach your targeted weight, you'll have to maintain that weight. You have to learn how to eat properly so you can maintain.

This weight loss program is life long. For you it's going to be an everyday thing. Just look what happened to me when I let down my guard. I regained everything I lost. Now, I have to struggle again to go back to where I came from.

What if you fall of the "Wagon" so to speak? Well, get back on the wagon. Start doing the things you did before. Or in our case, don't do the things we did, and that was to consume more food than we should.

Don't think for five seconds it's easy. Don't think I just walk away from food without doing a look back. I want to eat Cinnamon rolls. I want to eat chocolates, and candies... I want to. I never lost my sweet tooth.

I like going to buffets and sampling the good foods. I like the smells, and the tastes. I miss my beers at night. I miss my bags of chips. I miss my bowls of cereal and sitting at the computer and eating them. I liked going out to eat and eating with abandon. I didn't want to have to keep a tally on every thing I eat or drink. Some days I don't want to post this blog.

For me writing this blog is a reminder of what I am doing. It's a part of the discipline of accountability to myself to keep after it.

And, I might help someone somewhere get an "A HA Moment." Someone might read this and say to himself, "A HA, I don't have to stay this way." Someone might say, "Hey, I just need to eat just a little bit less." "Hey, I can lose weight, someone else did."

You don't have to start right now. But, someday when you get tired of continuously buying bigger pants. Someday when you get fed up looking at that bulging belly. Someday when you get tired of being tired, you will try to do something about it.

You'll try fat pills. You'll try fad drinks. You'll try anything to lose the weight. But, then someday you'll finally realise that the problem is your eating habits. That's right. It's that giant soda in your hand, and the two hot dogs you just ate at the baseball game. You'll realise it's the box of chocolates you just ate because you're mad at the boy friend, or your husband. It's the big beef sandwich you just had for lunch and the big french fries, along with all the rest of the stuff you ate today.

Maybe someday, you'll be tired of being tired. Here is what you do: 1) Keep a tab on everything you eat and drink each day. 2) Write it down so you'll remember it. 3)Start weighing yourself everyday, and write down that weight. 4)Be honest with yourself. Ask yourself if you are over eating. 5)Start with the easy stuff first. 5)Cut out that soda pop, and drink water. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID diet soda, and diet drinks. They are not good for you and they do stimulate hunger... I KNOW...

There are other things I can and will add to that list. For example: quit the alcohol... I mean it. It's calories you can't account for. Drinking effects your moods, and has an effect on will power. I know that for sure too...! Alcohol has an effect on your liver which in this time of trying to lose weight you don't need all screwed while you try to clean out that booze. Alcohol effects memory. Alcohol effects food processing and can contribute to indigestion. Alcohol has increased in price considerably, and takes money away from other things. Alcohol stimulates overeating and hunger. So, cut way back or quit drinking. I did it.

I can go on and on.

I'll write it over, and over again..... "IT'S NOT EASY." "EAT LESS FOOD." "Cut back on those total calories."

And that's my rant for today. I hope it helps.

And that's all for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane !

 



 

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...