Sunday, April 21, 2013

Your Scale Will Tell You The True Reality...!

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 222.2-Pounds.

Yes it's taking time to break to 220 or below, and then stay there.

Yesterday I cheated though. Yeah, I ate a chocolate covered donut. I was getting coffee, and I saw an old man with two chocolate covered donuts. I just had to have one.

Later in the day I was at the Steak and Shake. I ordered a double steak BBQ burger. Then I had an order of fries with it. Normally I skip the fries.

As I sat there at the table at the Steak and Shake people around me were ordering these Ice Cream Shakes in the glass cylinder cups which are about nine inches deep with Ice Cream.
It took everything I could not to order one to consume. Only I thought about what I already had for the day, and realised I was at my limits and more.

You Can't Trust What People Tell You !
Yesterday at work someone told me I am chunky.
The day before that someone told me I don't look that bad.
A few days before yesterday I was talking to a friend, and she called me fat in Korean.
My neighbor down stairs always says something about my protruding belly.

What do these things have in common? It's all something some tells us that informs us about our appearance because of our weight.

You probably have people who make comments to you too. 

The problem with people making comments is they aren't you. They don't know what you suffer with trying to lose weight. They don't know if you have a shoe box filled with cup cakes under your bed. They don't know what you eat and what you do.

But, people feel they can give us objective truth by making comments to us to us about our appearance.

We can go look in the mirror, and see that bulging belly, or those chunky thighs. This seems to give us a real objective idea about how we are doing with our weights.

The truth is your appearance isn't a dependable guide as to what you should weigh.

It's the numbers, they don't lie.

The other day I was looking at one of those carnival scales that are in the food courts at malls. It has a metal placard on it embosed with heights and weights for men and women. It was a chart for what is considered normal for the height, and the build of someone; man or woman.

My chart said 5' 10' light build 155-165-Pounds. That's right, I am a light framed man, and because of that, I am not supposed to weigh more that 165-pounds. The truth is all through the time I was on active duty in the army I never got over 170-Pounds.

Many people who saw me after I finally reached the weight of 174-Pounds, (see the side for my weights) complained that I looked to skinny and too thin. The reality was I was darn close to where I was supposed to be.

And, my appearance seemed to me at the time to be just a tad too much weight. I still had some of a belly even when I was close to where I should have been. My appearance didn't match my weight.

And, I have seen men and women who are like this. Some women have a thick calf on their legs, and they will always have a thick calf on the legs, even if they get to a normal weight. That is because this is the shape of their body.

Some men will always be paired shaped, even though they have a normal body weight. I knew a guy in the army like this. He had an odd build. He was normal weight but had wide hips like a woman. This can't be helped...

My point is this. You can't trust your appearance. And you for darned sure can't trust everything many people tell you about your weight. You have to step up on the scale and go from there.

I have a cousin who is thin, thin, thins. She complains when her clothes get tight. She has a bad self image, and doesn't know what she really should weight. She really is to skinny, and to me actually isn't that attractive because of it.

That's not me, and that's not you...

Look at your scale. If you are too heavy, then you know you have a problem.

That's all for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane




No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...