Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'll Say It Again... Give Up The Soda

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 221.8-Pounds. I do believe 219-Pounds will be here soon enough. Look at the blog posting, and see how long I have been at this just losing only 20-Pounds. I've been posting since January when I originally began walking at night. It seemed like forever that I stayed over 230-Pounds. Do you recall that is weight that I actually gained since I repurchased another scale? That's right, even though I could see the numbers I was going backwards up to 240-Pounds fast.

So what changed my mind again? The biggest thing was that I couldn't get my last pair of bluejeans on anymore. That's right, I was back into my fat jeans, and couldn't close them. Just imagine how I felt picking up one pair of jeans after another and feeling the utter frustration they can't close anymore.

My work pants were getting tight too. It was getting to the point I couldn't close my work uniform pants up.

I remembered how good I felt at the lower weights. I remember I didn't feel burdened like I did. Oh it feels so good weighing less. It feels so good being able to put on smaller clothes. I remembered how I felt.

Yesterday I took a bunch of school children to Springfield Illinois. We stopped at a Burger King, and a McDonald's along the way. I was given my food for free because I was a bus driver. And as I walked around the places I could see how much food people ate. I could see all the fat women and men. I could see the super sized french fries. But the worst thing I could see was that extra large soda. Yep liquid fat as I would call it. In twelve ounces of soda is about 10 teaspoons of gelatin making sugar. In a 32 ounce soda it's three times that amount.

I am not sure people really realize that is part of there problem. I am sure most people think that they don't eat that much food. Well, they never put two and two together to make four either. That four is the 26 teaspoons of sugar they gulp downs three times a day with their meals.

For the guys it's not just the soda, but most of the time it's the four beers they have at night after work.

I gave up the booze. Drinking alcohol really makes trouble when trying to lose weight and keep it off afterwards. I know that for sure. When my mom died (three years ago in March) I'd come home every night and sock away 3-4 beers. I wasn't drinking like that before, but I was depressed. Let me tell you it never does get rid of the heart ache.

Yeah, there are those liquids we miss in our total calorie count in consumption of food. Right now I stick to Whole Milk, and to water.

I am convinced if people quit drinking Sodas the soda companies would go out of business.

And don't think you are doing yourself any favors going to drinking diet sodas. I can't tell you just how much damage diet soda has done to my joints in my knees and my shoulders. Some people say it's just age. I don't think so. Now my joints are recovering some.

I remember I used to run and fly like the wind. I gained weight, and then tried to lose it. I went from drinking regular sugar soda to drinking diet soda. I used to drink at least a 2 liter per day. I always used to wonder why I would get this achy feeling after I drank it. Sometimes I would get these headaches for no reason. I never realized it was the diet sodas.

If you are trying to lose weight, my recommendation is you should give up all diet foods. Drink water. If you must have some soda, just drink seven up, or sprite with regular sugar. Just remember you are gulping down empty calories that at to your total calorie count for the day.

I have a suggestion. Before you commit to jumping head long into a weight losing program, try to see how many things you eat each day that have sugar in them. I suggest give up the soda at the restaurants and get water. Only drink water at the table. Get in the habit of drinking water.

It's harder to do than you think. I remember years ago craving my sodas. The soda habit is hard to break.

If you're a Coca Cola drinker, or Pepsi drinker switch to root beers or clear sodas. That is if you must have a soda.

I am not a fan of any COLA drinks. I am convinced they eat up the bones. I used to use COKE to soak my steak in for a marinade. It eats softens meat right up.

Resolve to eventually give up soda pop altogether, and drink water.

I am not saying don't drink apple juice or orange juice. But, remember they add sugar to them as well, just look at the label.

That's all for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane !

4/17/2013

 

 

 

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...