Saturday, April 27, 2013

Portion Sizes... ! And, WAY LESS SUGAR...!

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 221.4-Pounds.
NOT BAD...

Okay, okay it's not the 219-Pounds of just a few days ago. If you could see what I ate yesterday, and went to sleep with sitting in my stomach, then it would be reasonable to expect that I would be much higher.

Just a reminder, last night I had a very large hamburger last night, french fries, and cole-slaw for dinner later in the day than I usually eat; around 7 PM or so.
So, I was expecting to see 223-Pounds, or maybe more this morning.

This morning I woke up earlier than I had planned to. Something in my room beeped and I woke up in response.

I turned on the TV in my room and there was a commercial for a weight loss program that uses "Food Portioning."  The claim of this infomercial is that you can eat all the kinds of food you want all day long just as long as you portion the food. What do you get with the package? You get a program that teaches how to discern fast burning carbs, from those slow burning carbs. It also teaches how to keep the blood sugar levels up all day so you can keep burning fat all day. 
As a result the commercial showed these people who lost all this weight.

Well, I think it's a wonderful program. If you need to buy a big expensive program to learn how to eat right, and it works, well wonderful.

But, I learned everything I needed just watching the commercial. I don't need to buy this program to understand the difference between carbs. There are diet books gallore you can pick up at the public library that will teach you that.

Let me tell you what the key is... PORTIONS SIZES...

Here it the Bottom Line... YOU EAT TOO MUCH. 

Okay, I think it's reasonable to eat little portions of food throughout the day that will keep sugar levels normal... Can you say oranges, fruits, or an apple between meals? Can you say less bread.
Can you say no SODA...?

Yesterday I drove a junior college down here to Southern Illinois for a track meet. We went to dinner last night. Afterwards the coach chewed the kids out for over eating. He really chewed on them for drinking soda pop. He told them the sugar is going to seriously effect their performance levels in the meet tomorrow.

I couldn't agree with the man more. High amounts of raw sugar in the body cause all kinds of problems. The worst of the problems is INSULIN INTOLERANCE.... That's where the body can't process sugar anymore.

And that can happen when the body is constantly shocked with high does of sugar. The body is like a machine. If treated normally it will happily go along processing the foods we consume day in and day out nearly without a hitch. But, when a storm comes the body is like a over loaded system that is trying to find a place to dump the excess. When we eat too much sugar day afterday the body can't figure out what to do with the sugar. So, it gets stored as fat.

Now that's a very simple explanation for a complicated issue. I think you get my meaning.

Well, after that commercial was over another one came on for turbo fat burning. Well that's just great. I don't have the time. Sorry.... !

Well, I have to get ready to go.

That's all for now...

That's the way it is... I'm David Dane.


No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...