Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ha, Ha, David, You Crashed And Burned... !

Hello Weight Losing Friends...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 223-Pounds.
Just before I left for the library I was at 222.4-Pounds.

Well, well, well David, you crashed and burned. You can't fly blind without your scale can you? Bah, ha, ha, you're just like all the rest of us out there. We can't do it, and neither can you....!

Yeah, I guess I should just throw in the towel and quit this round.

Today I was looking for some dress slacks. I came across a pair in the closet that I used to wear. They were a size 38 in the waist. And, I looked at those things in disbelief that I even wore them at all.
That's because I am so far away from that weight I was when I wore them. If I were to slip back into those pants now, I would have to weigh around 180-Pounds. I am not anywhere near 180-Pounds.
I am still wrestling with trying to break through 220-Pounds again.

And, I say to myself: "How did I get here." It's an easy answer: I wasn't watching what I was doing. I neglected to weigh myself everyday. I ate food I knew I shouldn't. I am not saying don't have a piece of cake. I am saying don't keep eating cake. I am not saying don't eat a hot dog on the bun. I am saying don't eat two in one meal.

Let me tell it's frustrating.

Today it is finally in the 70's. The fat people are out jogging and walking. Everyone wants to lose weight and get trim. They don't stop to realise that it's more than just exercise that burns off those pounds. It's the diet.

Those poor girls with 20 extra pounds bouncing don't stop to think that the box of chocolate they get from the boyfriends or husbands adds too many extra calories in one sitting.

The men don't realise they ate too much at the Super Bowl party in January, and that bad habit goes on every day.

They they go: jogging, running, biking, walking down the street, all the fatties hoping to burn off extra calories.

Let me let you in on a secret, by the end of the summer no one will be running, or jogging to lose weight. Most people can't keep up an exercise regimen to save there lives.

And, I am not knocking exercise. What I am saying is the best exercise is to put down the fork, spoon, and soda cans, and walk away.

Alas, most people can't do it... This doesn't mean you can't. But, you have to decide to get after it. Even if you fail. You just keep getting after it, until you reach that targeted weight. Then you have to maintain.

Never, ever, no never let your guard down. Or you'll be like me: I lost 60 pounds in one year. Then in less than 3 years, it's all back.

I had to start all over. And this time it seems even harder.

Well, that's all for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane...!

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...