Friday, October 5, 2007

I Never Wrote: "Don't Eat A Donut"

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds.
This is the same weight that I was yesterday.
OK, I can handle this.

Where do I go from here? Well, I have gotten a strong resolve to push for that 180-pound target. I am shooting for this time two weeks from now. This would be around two pounds a week loss as a target. Who knows if I'll hit it. In other words, what dark temptations are there in the future to lure me into pigging out? Oh, come on...

If I do, then I do. If I don't, then it would be just as well to keep hanging around where I am now; about 185-pounds. Many people seem to think that I am at a good weight now. Mind you, I am not doing this weight loss thing for anyone but me. So, I am determined to start busting those calories again.

I May Hit The Track Tonight
When I get off this evening I am planning to go walk, and maybe jog some. That is if I am not overly tired.

The weather has been exceptionally warm for this time of year, so if I have the time, I figure I will take advantage of it. Let's just see though what my schedule for tomorrow will look like. If I have to be up real early then I will cancel my plans.
I will let you know.

Lately I Haven't Posted What It Is That I Am Eating
In some of my past posts on this blog I have made an attempt to list the food that I have been consuming.

I don't eat anything different than anyone else. I just make an attempt to keep the total calorie consumption for one day at around 1,500 calories.

Lately though I haven't been so diligent at totaling up my calories consumed. I got tired and I got lethargic. Oh, I have a written record of what I ate. And I have an idea what the size of the portions were. I didn't look up the calories for the food.

So, I am back at it. I am determined to keep at that 1,500 calories a day limit.

Today I ate a cup of oatmeal (wet) (150 calories). In the oatmeal was a tablespoon of honey (60 calories). Before I came to post I consumed a Burger King Cheese Burger (330 calories), and a small French Fry (230 calories). Total for the day so far 770 calories. That leaves me about 730 calories. Which is still a decent amount for a dinner meal.

I Never Wrote Don't Eat Those Pancakes
Two days ago I wrote that I had eaten a large stack of pancakes. I also wrote that that was my last meal for the day. Yes, I had some fruit later.

Now, I knew that was enough calories there for one day. I also stopped eating yesterday after having eaten a double cheese burger, and a very large serving of fried onion rings. That was because In one meal I had hit my calorie goal for one day.

I have never written don't eat a donut. I have never written don't eat that fudge brownie. I have never written don't eat that Ice Cream.

What I have written is, if you do eat that kind of food, then that better be counted in your total calorie count for the day.

Hey, this afternoon if I had decided to eat a quart of Haagan Dazs Ice Cream, then that would have been OK. But, I can't eat that and a cheeseburger with French Fries. I don't get both. It's one or the other.

Again, what is the calorie count at the end of the day? If you must eat donuts, then stop when you hit a point that will exceed your calorie allotment for the day. In other words, you can only eat about three cake donuts for the day, and it's over for you. It stops there. No more food for the rest of the day. I don't care how hungry you get.

Do you know what I am getting at here? We can eat, but don't over eat.

And, do be aware there are some advantages in eating lots of vegetables, and fruits. They bulk you up, they cut the hunger, and they don't have a lot of calories. Plus, they have other advantages like high fiber, more nutrients, etc.

Go ahead eat that birthday cake. But that better be all you eat.

I Would Like To Know Where The Homeless Guy Eats
The other day I was driving down a ramp off of the expressway. There at the corner was a man standing with a sign that had, "Need money for food," written on it.

I looked at the guy and did a double take. Here is why, he was fat. I don't mean plump. I mean he was fat.

I thought where is this guy getting all the food from? He was surely eating well. It showed on his body.

Yet, he had a sign that read, "Need money for food." Hey, this guy needed money for a diet clinic. He was big, and he wanted more food. Who was he kidding here?

That's like a guy writing on a sign, "Need money for gas." Meanwhile parked across the street is his 2007 Chevrolet Corvette.

Honestly, what was this guy thinking? And what do we think when we see this? I couldn't feel sorry for him. His whole gig didn't match up.

What about you? Are you begging for food when you really don't need anymore? Are you convincing yourself that you must eat that next bite of food? I don't know.

But it is a thought.

Part Two Of Today's Posting
I had some time after work to go do some exercise. Like I wrote earlier in the day, if I had to be up real early, I wouldn't have bothered.

I went out to the Prairie Path on the other side of town around 7:00 PM. It was just starting to get completely dark.

I felt enough vim and vigor so I made an attempt to jog two miles instead of walk. I was surprised at the speed with which I jogged the two miles. I did the two miles in 28:11:25.
If I didn't have to stop and wait for two traffic lights to change then I probably would have done the jog in about 26 minutes instead.

The last time I jogged two miles was on the track about a month ago. It was a much slower pace, and I did it in about 30 minutes.

Now, I am delighted with this change. It means that the couple extra pounds that I have lost has given me just a tad bit more speed.

I don't know how much more jogging I will do for the season, considering that it will be getting cold soon. I may just try to walk more.

After my jog, and I took my bath, I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale to see what I might weigh. The numbers ticked down to 182.8-pounds.
Yeah...

I am not going to count that as an official weight though. It's because I was dehydrated after my jog. And, I usually use my early morning weight for my official weight for the day. However this does show potential for a new record tomorrow when I wake up.

I did eat tonight after I weighed myself. I ate four hard boiled eggs, two scoops of strawberry protein, and a fistful of cashews. This finished my calorie count for the day at 1,450 calories.

We shall see what I weigh tomorrow morning. I do hope it's a new record for this weight loss season.

Bye for now...


1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

another excellent post. carry on.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...