Saturday, October 13, 2007

The U.S. Military Is Getting Fat

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.6-pounds.
That's down from yesterday's 186-pounds.

Military Guys And Women Are Getting Fat
Yesterday I was with about forty Illinois National Guard Soldiers. I was amazed at seeing these men of differing ages and how much bigger in diameter they were compared to when I served in the U.S. Army Reserves many years ago.

When I was in the Army they did not tolerate many people who were overweight. If a man or woman remained in service, then he/she usually didn't get regular promotions to the next level if he/she didn't meet the height and weight requirements of the military. This was especially true of the Active Military Side. I actually received a bar from re-enlistment from my commander until I got back to where I was supposed to be.

Now I see that every thing has changed. When I was in, we may have had a fat General here or there, but it was very rare to see an over weight officer. Now that isn't so.

Everyone is getting fat, now even the military is. What's going on?

I guess the military can't afford to lose anyone, so they don't enforce the rules

I watched what these young men ate when we were at a restaurant. They ate big beef sandwiches, and French Fries, along with other over sized portions of food.

This is why these men are getting fat. And it can't be real good for them.

I got a kick out of seeing one of the men load a medical scale up to go out to the camp site with them as they camp. Gee who is going to pass getting weighed on that thing? I wonder.

Last Night I Was Incredibly Hungry
Yesterday around noon time I hit my total calorie count for the day by eating a McDonald's Medium French Fry (380 calories), and McDonald's Crispy Chicken Ranch BLT (600 calories).
These amounts are added to what I ate earlier in the day.

I didn't want to go over my 1,500 calories for the day, however, last night I was so incredibly hungry when I came home from work.

I took out my handy-dandy-food-scale and weighed out two tablespoons of peanut butter (190 calories). I also took a tablespoon of honey and stirred it into a cup of hot water (60 calories).

I had to do something to assuage that biting hunger. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to sleep.

Early that morning I woke up at 1:00 AM. I tried to sleep but I was so hungry my stomach was growling really loud. I could feel it moving as it growled. I did the same thing, I ate two teaspoons of honey, and two tablespoons of peanut butter.

If I had not done something to fix the hunger, I would not have gotten back to sleep. It was one of those nights when the hunger monster attacked.


Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...