Sunday, October 21, 2007

Do The Yuppies Know How To Eat Better Food?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.8-pounds. Whoa, what happened?

This is a temporary glitch due to a plumbing back up in my intestines. That's all.

Yesterday I stepped up onto my Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.8-pounds in the wee hours of the morning. (4:00 AM)

The night before when I came home from work I actually stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.8-pounds. Since this wasn't a morning weight, which is what I use to post my weights, I will not make it a record for yesterday's missing post.

Yesterday I made every effort to post on this blog, but I could not get onto the Internet. I was in South Bend Indiana, the home of Notre Dame University. Well it was the University of Southern California verses the Fighting Irish, and everybody and their brother closed shop to go to this big game.

They shouldn't have wasted their time, because California tromped hard on the Fighting Irish who went away like whipped puppies. (We're talking a shutout game of over 32 points when I left.) The boys from California were being fed well, and may have been on steroids, because the boys from Indiana were half their size.

Now, the boys from Indiana are big kids, compared to me. Yet the boys from California were twice as big.
Notre Dame didn't have a prayer against those over fed behemoths.

Honestly, it makes me wonder what's inside of food these days because children are becoming so extraordinarily large compared to the past generations.

I am off my points here.

I am up considerably from my lows. I am not overly concerned. I did eat real well for yesterday, but then I haven't passed it out either. (Use your imagination.)

Will I be on track soon? Oh, yes I will, because this is an aberration.

What Constitutes A Healthy Meal
I was with a bus load of people yesterday and we tail gated before the big game. These folks had with them cooler after cooler of beer, wine, and hard liquor. They also brought along a bunch of food to snack on.

Now, they were yuppies who thought that they were being healthful in their food choices, so they only had breakfast cake, and Starbucks coffee for breakfast. (Their weren't any potato chips, or Cheetos.) Then they had box lunches for lunch.

Let's just break down their fallacious thinking here. Let's start with the breakfast: Breakfast cake.

I brought home some pieces of the breakfast cake that was being served as a breakfast snack. There were two cakes, one a sesame seed almond cake, and the other was buttered pudding yellow cake. Each piece was sliced to about 1/2 inch thick, and it was about 2 inches by 3 inches rectangular.

I took those little pieces of cake and put them onto my Handy-Dandy-Food-Scale and weighed them in at 1.5 ounces. Then I looked them up in the food book that came with the scale.
I was surprised because each piece of cake had more calories inside of it than if I had eaten a cake donut. Each delicate piece of cake came in at 190 calories. (Oh, and I had eaten three of them yesterday.)

So, after having done my due diligent checking, I could begin to surmise why all these potential hot looking California ladies were round like beach balls.

Next let's examine the box lunch: One Turkey Breast Sandwich with Swiss Cheese and Mayonnaise. One Small box of cold pasta, and one very large cookie.

The sandwich broke down like this: Two pieces of wheat bread (220 calories), two slices of Swiss Cheese (120 calories), Mayonnaise (100 calories), and the turkey (120 calories).

The pasta was about two ounces at (200 calories). Finally that giant cookie came in at a whopping 510 calories.

Then of course there were all the generous servings of Coca-Cola, liquor, wine and beer.

It was all you could eat and all you could drink. There weren't any limits. With the exception of the young boys on board, and yours truly, everyone had their fill, and then some of everything.

This is why we as a society are getting fat, and then fatter. It's because we over indulge in everything that we do that is associated with food and drink.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...