Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hunger The Weight Loss Dilemma

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183-pounds.
That's down from yesterday. I am just over my record weight.

I Am Still Having To Deal With Extreme Hunger
This morning I awoke at 3:00 AM, ate, dressed and went to work. I had about 380 calories of food for breakfast. Here it is at 10:00 AM and I am starving with hunger. Yes there is about six or seven hours since I ate, but this is becoming an epidemic.

Lately I have really been wrestling with hunger, even after I eat a meal. I am trying to figure out what I can do that will keep me in the calories zone, and then feel satisfied. It's frustrating to say the least.

I believe that hunger is the absolute biggest stumbling block that encourages weight gain, and discourages weight loss.

It probably is for most people. Only they don't admit it.

Well I am going to go.

Part Two Of Today's Posts
Something happened this afternoon. I took a nap after I finished work today. I was up real early with only five hours of sleep, and I just could not stay awake. Two hours later I woke up.

I decided to see what I might weigh; so I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.8-pounds. Now, I am not going to post this as an official weight. It is 0.2-pounds above my record loss posted on the side bar.

Hey, I like it. It came at a cost. I have been very stringent with my food consumption, and been fussy about what I eat. I have been making a point to eat more salads, and much smaller food portions, like smaller meat portions.

I am determined to hit that 180-pound target. But, it's not coming soon enough for me. I know that I will get there.

The Hunger Has Been Awful
I wrote part one of this post earlier today. I didn't have a lot of time to finish up my thoughts; so I posted and ran. Now, I have a bit more time to elaborate about what I started earlier today.

I was wondering for those who read my blog if you have ever been so hungry you can feel it to the spine of the back? This is the kind of hunger that I have been experiencing lately.

Yesterday, by the time I ate lunch, I was so hungry I could feel it through to my spine. The same thing happened a couple of days ago.

I have really cut back on eating. And it has produced unbelievable hunger. I have been attempting to cut down the hunger by eating more fruits, and salads. But, those remedies only last for short periods of time. Then it's back to the gnawing hunger.

This is a real stumbling block for me. Today I ran out of salad fixings. I went to the store to get some. I stood in the line at the check-out looking at all the chocolate bars. I was so tempted to by one and eat it.

I opted to buy some dried fruit and eat that instead. However, one quarter cup of dried fruit was 190 calories. That was about the same as eating a chocolate bar. The dried fruit was better for me.

I have gotten some terrific benefits from getting off these excessive pounds. But, it has been a ............ to get here. (I hate to be wimpy about this.)

Maybe, just maybe you are reading this blog. I am telling you now, you will probably experience the same things. It's inevitable to experience hunger when trying to lose weight. It's something that has to be put up with. And that hunger does affect concentration, at least for me it does.

I honestly thought that I had the Hunger Monster whipped. Well, that was until I decided to push for my next weight loss target. Then that Hunger Monster returned with a vengeance.
I wish that there were something that I could do to eradicate it. So far I can't think of anything.

If you do, then good for you.

Bye for now...

3 comments:

Jake Silver said...

I think... I am honestly not sure that I have the type of hunger pangs you have, even at my worst. I mean, I have trouble with binge-ing at night, but I think even then I recognize it is not real hunger but rather a bad habit. Sometimes I do get "hungry" but I find if I have a diet soda, or water or even gum it goes away usually. Then I up the ante to things like pickles and celery and Jell-O and then we move on to fruits like apples.

But at night when all I want is junk food that ain't hunger that's a stupid craving I give in to.

Lizzy. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzy. said...

I honestly know what you mean about the candy bar. My little brother and sister eat junk all the time and I just have to sit there and watch. It's so tempting that I could take the stuff and run. lol. I guess we're having the same dilema. When I was first watching my calorie intake it was really easy to eat and be comfortable, but now that I'm trying to reach my next goal, all I want to do is eat!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...