Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Woke Up With Hunger Pains

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183-pounds. Yes, that's down from yesterday, and only three pounds away from my target of 180-pounds that I thought sure I would have arrived at by now.

I haven't got much time to post this morning. I am going to Indiana. I will see if I can finish up there in Indiana. If not I will share a quick experience with you.

Yesterday I wrote that I ate all those pancakes. That came in at a whole bunch of calories for breakfast.

In the afternoon I stir fried up some chicken and green beans. I also ate a tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack.

Well, early in the afternoon I had hit my calorie allotment for the day. I went to work, and as the evening wore on I was getting hungrier and hungrier. Someone I was with gave me a double hamburger. I graciously accepted it, but I didn't eat it.

There I was hungry as a bear waking up from a winter nap and I didn't eat. I had hit my calorie intake allotment. I knew I had eaten and written it down. I was not going to blow this.

Well, when I got home at 1:00 AM I was still very hungry. I went to bed and fell asleep. At 5:00 AM I woke up as hungry as I could be. I needed to get more sleep, so I resisted the urge to get up and eat something. After about an hour I managed to get two more hours of sleep.

It was hard to say the least. But, look at the results; I am back at the 183-pound mark.

I am telling you on some days and some nights the hunger can make someone crazy. But, you have to ride it out. I did, and I do ride it out.

I don't like it. But, I want to get back down to 160-pounds someday. It won't be easy. And when I get there I will have to be vigilant for all the rest of my life.

Part Two
I am down here in Indiana at the Depauw University campus. Wow, what an incredibly beautiful place to be. I could live in this town and be perfectly happy. It's all farm land around here, and forests. It's just incredible with the fall colors.

I mentioned earlier that I had eaten a double hamburger for breakfast (410 calories). At lunch I ate a subway six inch cold cut sandwich (410 calories), jalepino potato chips (190 calories), and a diet pop. (TOTAL 1090 CALORIES TODAY)

Now, I still have some calories left if I get incredibly hungry. I have eaten fairly decent meals, and I am a bit satisfied for now.

I have been getting suggestions from people about how to deal with hunger. I appreciate all the input. However, when the calorie allotment has been achieved for the day, there isn't a whole lot of options but to wait out the hunger.

Sure, I could eat something, but then I would be pushing over the 1,500 calories that I have set for the day. The reason I have to keep hitting this target is because I have figured out that about all the calories I can consume in a day that will still effect fat consumption.

It's not easy to deal with. And you may have to wrestle with the hunger too. I am almost positive you will have to.

Hunger is a good thing. This is the bodie's way of letting someone know that it's time to fuel up. Unfortunately we over fuel ourselves.

It happens because as children we're not taught to watch what we eat. Now adays parents give their children a sweet roll, and soda pop for breakfast. Then when they reach adult hood they have no idea how to make good decisions when selecting foods.

Worse than that many people are addicted to sugar. This is like being addicted to cigarettes. It's hard to give up sugar when we have eaten it all of our lives.

Don't get me wrong. I am not telling anyone to give up sugar. I am not saying don't give up drinking a soda. But do consider what it is that you are eating. Look carefully at the kind of food that you consume most often.

I was a big soda pop drinker. I used to drink down a 44 ounce regular Coke everyday. I would go to breakfast and eat two donuts. I would put two or three teaspoons of sugar in my coffee.

When I finally realized what was going on with my body it was too late. I was bigger than normal.

When I made up my mind to get off those unwanted pounds, my body threw fits. I had to fight all kinds of compulsions to eat the wrong stuff. In fact here it is one year later and I am still wrestling with my compulsions to eat the wrong stuff.

I guess those compulsions never go away. So, it's day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute, second-by-second vigilance watching what I eat.

A friend of mine mentioned that my way of losing weight is a hard way to go. Oh, it's harder living fat and unhappy.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...