Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oh Preponderant Ones, Who Will Listen To Our Message?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto that Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183-pounds.

OK, that's two days in a row here hanging at this weight just over my record loss.
I can deal with this.

We Are A Preponderant Nation
Back in April of 2007 I started writing my first blog.
I had a friend who was after me to write a blog.
About what, I had no clue.
He started helping me set up my blog site with the passwords, and the format of what it should look like. This was way back in January of 2007.
It was almost four months of him haunting me until I finally decided to write my first words.

I didn't take it seriously, so by the time I got started, I had completely forgotten my password.
So somewhere out there in cyberspace is a formatted blog site with a password which may never ever be opened.

When I started writing my blog I thought about what it was that I had a passion about. Well, there is politics. (Oh, don't start my engine with that one.)
There's my extreme dislike for Islam. (Oooh, I can really go off with that one.)
Then there was this weight loss thing that I had been working at since late November of 2006. I had some success, so I decided to write about that. (Yeah, am I still doing that weight loss thing?)

I sat down to write my first dribble. And dribble it is, who reads this stuff?
I am just a guy who got just a little pudgy. Well, maybe I was just a little more than pudgy, I was plump, but, only a little bit plump. Well, OK, OK, I was more than just a little plump, I was kinda fat.

Yeah, I was kinda fat. Let me see, my Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale as it whined with pain ticked out a whopping 35-percent-body-fat. Um, kinda fat?

Hey, that was obese. I am talking about "Hey Fat Boy" kinda fat. I am talking about being so fat that I was a border-line-diabetic, a prospect for a serious heart-attack, and a potential stroke victim from high blood pressure, and a racing heart.

It was getting bad. Now, years before I had gotten up to 260-pounds. I got that down to around 200-pounds. I did the Doctor Atkins's Diet to accomplish that. At that time I was at 43-percent-body-fat.

Time went by and I regained 40-pounds. So, last Thanks Giving of 2006 I awoke real early in the morning to go to work. I wanted to cry, (I guess I am just an emotional guy.) because I could not button my uniform pants. I had to suck in my gut to button them.
My belt was all the way to the last notch. I was in mental duress over this dilemma for sure.

I retried the Doctor Atkins's diet, but it didn't work this time. Nope, it was futile.

I wrote all this to come full circle to my initial point: We are a preponderant nation.

As I began writing my blog I had it in my mind to convey my thoughts about losing weight and the struggles I was experiencing.

I knew how sensitive I had become about my weight and what I was experiencing, so I wanted to be sensitive as I wrote my blog. (Gee, a lot of good that did.)

I coined the phrase PREPONDERANT ONE. Since then I have found others using it. (Copy cats...)

Most often the word preponderant is used in law; as in a preponderance of evidence, or overwhelming evidence.

It can also be used as the term for overwhelming or weighty, or tipping the scales.

I thought this would be a delicate term for we who are tipping the scales.

I am trying to relate the idea of being PREPONDERANT to a child's teeter-totter or seesaw.
On one end is you or me and on the other side of the balance beam is a bunch of sand bags that represent the proper body weight.

Would you or I tip the balance beam down with a thud? If so, this is what I mean by being a PREPONDERANT ONE. It's tipping the scales in the wrong direction instead of being balanced.

I was preponderant, I am a PREPONDERANT ONE. I will always be. For I must never let my guard down.

Since I have been at this weight loss thing for almost a year for this weight loss season, I have become more sensitive to the sight of preponderant people.

I am beginning to think I am becoming a minority in a sea of PREPONDERANT PEOPLE. Everywhere I look I see people who are fat and getting fatter.

We are becoming a PREPONDERANT NATION.

Oh preponderant ones will you listen to my cry? We tip the scales in the wrong direction.
Our clothes do not fit us.
We are developing diseases that the doctors cannot cure.
We are gluttonous in our appetites.
We eat until we are full, and then we eat some more.
Do we not care what will be in our futures?
Is it only now that we care for?
Our futility in thought shows itself in our eating habits.
We want it now.
We are the Preponderant ones, and our god is our food.
Do we not remember when we leaped like gazelles?
Do we not remember when we looked good in our clothes?
Do we not remember when we weren't tired?
Do we not remember from where we came from?
Some say that I have been like this all my life, I have always been a Preponderant One.
The time is now to make a change oh Preponderant one.
Your life depends on you making the sacrifice.
Here my cry, and beware for your health may change for the worse.
Go ahead and eat until you are full, listen to those pangs of hunger.
Let the future grow dim as you get bigger.
Here my cry, it's time to change, oh preponderant one.
Oh, you foolish preponderant ones, food is cheap now, but it won't be once the government taxes it.
Oh preponderant ones they will promise it's for the children and health care.
You'll starve as the government takes away your cheap food.
Get wise oh preponderant ones, learn now before it's to late.
The time is now to get off that excessive poundage.
EAT LESS FOOD oh preponderant ones, you'll change your future, and your life.

Bye for now...

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Hello...You left a comment at my blog...thought I'd check out yours...was noticing you suffer as I, and so many of us who diet, from "constant" hunger...I have been that way too...I came across a comment by Dr. Mercola..he has a website, he said if you eat and are hungry an hour later (ME ME ME!) you didn't eat enough fat at your meal...Soooo...I increased my fat and the total amount of calories per meal...and BINGO...hunger and cravings gone...it's like a magic bullet...all those years of fat free, very low fat eating were sabotaging my weight loss effort...

Just wanted to mention it, thought it might help others like it has helped me....

I look forward to reading some more of your posts...all the weight loss blogs on the internet are an encouragement...we are not alone in our efforts.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...