Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Holding The Weight Loss Line

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto my Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.2-pounds. OK, I am holding the line here.


Are You Full Of Poop?
I hate to revisit this one topic because it's so personal. I am not fond of the brown stuff. It's just I want to share with people what happens to me. Maybe, just maybe, it will help.


This morning I woke up at 8:00 AM on the button. I went to bed at Midnight and Voila I woke up eight hours later.

I meandered into the bathroom and jumped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale and the numbers ticked to 186.2 pounds. Immediately after that I did my business.

I then stepped up onto the scale again and weighed in at 185.2. I lost one pound in waste.

Check out if you are moving along like you should. Maybe you have five or more pounds of Pooh that has to leave. I am not kidding here.

You should be eliminating at least once per meal. Every time you eat, your body ought to be responding in like manner.

I know it's not convenient. But it's worth looking into.

Part Two Of Today's Post
I have a few minutes to kill, so I am going to post some other thoughts.

Today I went to breakfast with a friend. It was expensive for what I eat. But, it was time with a friend so I figure I am paying for the ambiance.

I had for breakfast the bannana split pancakes. This was three large pancakes covered with walnuts, and strawberrys. To be honest I could have made them at home for about a dollar.

Anyway I sat there estimating how many calories was in one pancake. Each pancake was about 270 calories each. So there goes 810 calories for the pancakes. Add another 270 calories for the syrup. Add about 100 calories for the butter. I am now just about done eating for the day.

I had some oatmeal real early this morning that knocks off 100 calories more. Ding, Ding, Ding, that's the ending bell for the days calories. From this point forward I must go without food.
Now, I am going to eat some apples to cut the hunger. But, I won't be eating any meals.

It's so easy to exceed what we need to eat in just one sitting. I am not saying don't eat pancakes. It's just one really should have been it.

Fortunately I have the intestinal fortitude to resist eating the rest of the day. Or, like I just wrote, I will eat some apples. They are high in fiber, and it's a complex sugar which is loaded with fido chemicals.

It's Not Easy Saying NO
It isn't easy to say no to food when I get hungry. And if you are like me, it won't be easy for you to either. Welcome to the human dilemma. However, if you are going to hit those weight loss points you hope to, then giving up the food by saying NO is the only thing that you or I can do.

I know that it's tough. I know. It is worth it.

Bye for now...

2 comments:

Jake Silver said...

I wish more people were like you and just faced up to their own responsibility regarding weight and fitness... I've just finished Day 3 of testing AF folks for PT standards and I am really sick and tired of people blaming me for what they are not prepared for. All I do is record the results. (generously I might add...)

Honi said...

GREAT POST stumbled upon your blog.. I perused several of your posts as well and enjoyed the read... I think what impressed me most.. is that no matter where you eat .. or what you eat .. you hold yourself accountable.. and so many people .. a lot of people do not.. I think when we become successful at weight loss is when we realize that accountability is our greatest strong hold no matter what we eat..

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...