Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Found A Fast Food Restaraunt I liked

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds. That's just one pound over the record for this weight loss season.

Gee, am imagining this, or am I back in control? Hmmm? Well, maybe I am.
I guess it will all depend on how well I handle that Hunger Monster over the next few hours, days, weeks, and years. Whew, I'll be at this weight thing for the rest of my life.

Yep, you will be too. So get ready. Just how strong willed are you? Umm... I can't answer that.

I guess it will depend on how good you are at comparing the before I lost weight scenario, to your after I lost weight scenario.

Will you stop huffing and puffing like I was?
Will you run up the stairs like I do now, instead of grabbing that handrail and pulling myself up the stairs?
Will you look better, like I do?
Will you just feel much, much better than you did?

I do.

And the sacrifice that I made was worth it. And, I will not forget so soon how crappy life was being 60-pounds more than I should have been. I still have a ways to go. Those pounds aren't budging so easy with this last 25-pounds.

But, I am not going to starve myself to death to get off 25-pounds.

I Ate A Real Big Meal So I had To Stop
Yesterday I posted that I stopped eating for the rest of the day because I ate three large pancakes for brunch and blasted through my 1,500 calorie allotment.

Today a similar thing happened. I had to stop eating anymore food for the day after having lunch. I wandered into an interesting fast food restaurant called Johnny Rockets. It's a diner with a theme going back to the 50's type diners.

Up front I am going to give the food I ate an A+ for very good.

I ate a double cheese burger. Each patty was a 1/3 pound patty, served with cheese on a large bun. I had a side order of onion rings. These bad boys were good. And they gave me a large portion that I ate before the hamburger. I could have stopped there because I was stuffed.

So, after I ate this big meal and washed it down with a diet soda, I was done for the day. That was around noon time today. It's now 9:20 Illinois time, and I haven't had a bite since that meal.

I don't advocate skipping meals. But, let's face it. This was all my calories for the day in one sitting. Just like yesterday, I had to quit.

I am only a bit hungry right now. Yesterday I got real hungry by the evening and ate down two large juicy apples, and two oranges.

Now, that wasn't what I call a meal. It was just fruit that I hoped would kill those munchies. I would have loved to eat one of those extra large blueberry muffins I saw while walking past the bakery on my way to the produce section. I didn't, but oh was I tempted to.

The next time you are out and about, and are looking for some real good fast food, check out Johnny Rockets. I certainly enjoyed the food, and the trip down memory lane.

There is one draw back to my dining experience. The manager didn't have a ready supply of nutritional guides available to hand out to anyone who wanted one. I asked for a calorie counter and they could not produce the hand out.

I also went to the Johnny Rockets web site to find a calorie guide, and there isn't one there either. Don't let that stop you from checking them out.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...