Saturday, February 23, 2008

Don't Be Self Destructive

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Magical-Scale weighing in at 181.8-pounds. That's up again from yesterday.

Last night I was hungry before I went to bed. I had hit my calorie count earlier in the day. I said to myself, "You know what, I don't want another night waking up at 3:00 in the morning." I use that time to pray, and read some of my bible. It's time I use, only, I am tired when I finally wake up again.

This morning I woke up at 5:00 AM. I wanted to sleep longer.
I had that cat clawing gnawing hunger again.
I had that evening eaten three apples, a bowl of popcorn, and ate some more Gingerbread men. NO, I didn't torture them this time. I ate them though....

Dinah Soar commented yesterday. She said that she struggled with cat clawing hunger in her tummy when she was trying to lose weight before. I go around the internet and find that many people struggle with hunger.

It's hard, it really is when the "Hunger Monster" strikes.

I am going to beat this drum again. If you go back to the things I have written, you'll see I keep coming full circle to a simple concept. And, I am sure, when you read this you'll be saying well don't you have any new ideas?
There are no new ideas for losing weight. There are dumb ideas. There are ideas that are destructive. There are ideas for losing weight that can't be followed because they are so ridiculous.

I am going list some of those weird diets.
The fat loss diet. What? The experts are warning watch your fat intake. My family member has three books written by a doctor committed to avoiding fat. And then on the other side fish oil, flax seed oil, and natural oils are selling like crazy. Go figure.

The blood type diet. My cousin gave me a book called the blood type diet. I couldn't finish the book. It was so crazy. It's virtually impossible to follow. In our modern day society, it would take forever to go through the grocery store with the list of things that have to be avoided for a certain blood type.

The Fasting Diet. Yes, there is a diet out there where people are told to fast away the weight. This is really a very destructive diet. Go ask Karen Carpenter. Oh, sorry she died. OK, then ask those unbelievable skinny runway models. Do they look happy walking up and down the isles looking so thin a good strong breeze will blow them away?

There are other diets that I don't have the time to list.

It comes down to one thing. How much food are you eating? How much candy do you slip into your mouth throughout the day? How much extra food do you consume just because you feel like you like how it tastes? Do you go to those buffets where food is mass produced, and eat until you are stuffed? I don't have the answer. You'll have to figure that out for yourself.

I will say this: Is your life important to you? I don't mean in a narcissistic way. I mean in a healthy way.
Are there people close to you, who are dependant on you? I mean are there people around that if something happened to you they would feel a tremendous loss? I'll bet there are.

I never had any children. I wanted children, but it didn't work out. There are people around me though who actually enjoy my company. Oh, those are sick people. Just kidding.... That's my weird humor.

If this is so, and you are finding answers that are affirmative to my questions, then answer this question. What right do you have destroying your life? Eating too much food, and getting fat on it is destructive behavior.

I am not a doctor. I am not anyone but a fellow human being. I am here to tell you: You have no business being self destructive.

Yesterday I considered quitting writing this blog. Only I thought, "Hmmm, maybe, just maybe God will direct some lonely soul to read my blog just once. Maybe someone will be struggling and find this and say, 'Hey, I can do this weight loss thing.' "

On the side of my blog are listed some links to web sites of real humans. These people are just like you and me. They are struggling with the same issues we as humans do. Go open those links and read about them. They are friends of this blog.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...