Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Are You Going To Be A Big Loser? I Mean Weight / Body Mass

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital Scale weighing in at 179.4-pounds. That's 81.375 Kilograms body mass. I am up from yesterday, and just below that 180-target.
This is only because I had a meal last night, and some cookies. (Hypocrite...) It' only stuff waiting to leave.

Last night I came and visited a family member. This family member wishes she could get off her extra poundage. She has a problem. She can't leave the snacks alone.

As I was typing on her computer last night, she walked into the room with an unopened package of chocolate chip cookies. She sat down with the cookies in her lap and proceeded to open the package.

I had my food log with me and realized that I had about 300 calories to spare. So, I indulged in some of those chocolate chip cookies. She did more than indulge, she consumed one side of the package.

Each cookie was 60 calories. She had about 10 or more before she closed the bag.

I have a question. How many times have we done this? How many times have we thoughlessly consumed food? Then when we see our bloated stomachs, and our fat fannies we wish it was different.

When I decided to lose weight I decided that I was going to have to give up the need to eat something sweet anytime I had an urge. I had to decide when I finish a meal, I am not going to have a dessert. Now, I have had cookies along the way. Only, I look at my log and ask myself, should I eat this?

If you are going loss weight, and you are serious, then it's time to develope a sense of caution when eating. You wouldn't deliberately drink down poison, would you? Well, would you let someone glue you into a wheel chair for the rest of your adult life? Would you wish to be purchasing expensive drugs for the rest of your life, like high blood pressure medicine, diabetes medication, etc. ?

You will get these problems and more if you don't start to excercise caution while eating. Oh, you will feel a sense of self consciousness when you do. You'll feel deprived when you do. I did.

I keep writing over and over, and over, and over: EAT LESS FOOD. We over eat. We stress out our physical system with too much food. We jack up our insulin levels with sweets, and carbohydrates, until it effects everything our body does. Then we wonder why we get sick.

We eat the wrong kind of food too. I am not knocking sugar per say, but how many cans of Coca Cola do you really need in one day? How many cookies will you eat until you are satisfied? How much do we need to satisfy our food cravings?

Did you ever think you eat too much? Did you ever really look at the kind of food you consume? Did you ever wonder about your contribution to your obesity?

Did you ever wonder what it might be like if you got down to a resonable size? Do you ever wonder?

I am not into the power of positive thinking crowd. I am not into the gung-ho we're going to tackle it crowd. Here is why. These type of people are usually obcessed with what they want, more than anyone else around them. I know, I have worked with them.

I am into trying to find a way to fix a problem. Being overweight is a problem. And, if you are honest with yourself, you will have to admit it too.

Actions Cause A Reaction
Your actions cause a reaction. To much food in the system causes the body to react. When you eat, it starts pumping digestive juices to digest food. It starts pumping chemicals for food digestion and food processing. It starts kicking in enzymes and hormones, and all kinds of things so you can process that food and get it to the cells.

When it's done processing it has to eliminate that waste product. If you ate a lot of food and you don't eliminate regularly, the food sits inside the intestines. It rots inside you as it waits to find it's way out.
That rotting mess of food sits inside the very organs designed to absorb nutrients and minerals.
What do you think gets absorbed if there isn't fresh waste for your body to process? Yes it's the old crap.

Did you ever think about your insulin levels. Are you aware that to much insulin in the body for too long causes the body to malfunction. Insulin is used to change sugar into a usable source of energy in the cells. If there is too much insulin, then that means the body is over loaded.

Eating sugary foods, like cake, candy, and carbohydrates keeps the body continuosly pumping insulin into the body. Small amounts of insulin are what the body needs. It can't handle large loads of insulin.

The body has to have a break too. Like anything else we can wear ourselves out. If we are constantly pumping food into our bodies, we don't give the body a break. I wrote should we graze? Yes, I think we can graze. When we graze I mean nibble. I mean only eating a predetermined calorie count as well.

If you are struggling with your weight, like I was, then you are the one who has to make the necessary changes. It has to be something you do for yourself.

Finding the motivation you need to get off the pounds will depend on how strong you believe in a better future being thinner.

I am not writing all your problems will go away. Hilary Clinton, Barak Hussein Obama will still be out there. I can't help you there. The war in Iraq will still be there. Your boss will still be there.

I can write this. Quit filling your mouth up until you are brimming over with food.

In the end you are going to have to do a personal internal audit. You have to ask yourself do I even care enought to try to get this weight off.

Biggest Loser Busts Peoples Butts
I was talking to a woman who likes to watch the biggest loser for entertainment. I was kidding and said, "maybe I should gain 100 pounds and then go on the show. I said I would lose all the weight and then become rich and famous." This woman snapped back, "oh the woman trainers would kick my butt." Really?

I never saw a complete episode of the biggest loser. I watched part of one episode where they were weighing the preponderants. I felt sorry for them.

I couldn't figure out why people are entertained by a bunch of people who are fat, and are getting psychologially abused by a bunch of narcistsic jerks. That's entertainment?

People can't do something more constructive with their time? Hey how about learning to play an instrument? I'm learning to play the quitar. How about learning some Spanish? How about doing something more fun than watching a reality show?

I don't have TV at home. I don't make a lot of money to waste on cable or satelitte. I don't have the time because I am gone a lot. It's not worth it to me.

But, what about the biggest loser? Are you one of them? Do you have to have someone abuse you so you will finally do what it takes to lose weight?

And so what if the whole world sees? What is it going to be for you? How will you be better off? Think about it. Do it for yourself, not anyone else.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...