Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Will Oprah Winfrey Be Turned Back From KFC In Mississippi?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mysical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.2-pounds.
This is the same weight as yesterday.

A couple days ago I posted something about a law being passed in Mississippi that will force restaraunts in Mississippi to turn out patrons if they are considered obese.

I have a question: Will this law apply to someone like Oprah Winfrey? You know who I am talking about. She is the talk show host who has darker skin than the rest of us. She is a billionaire many times over and she commands an army of people.

Yesterday I was watching some TV. I had the opportunity to because I was at a relative's home visiting. I noticed something; Oprah is getting fat again.

Yes, that sleek body that she managed to get to is now turning back to fat. What's worse than that, is she is really beginning to look old. Her eyes are bulging, and her face looks puffy.

Her suits, that are obviously tailored for her, are now beginning to get those tight little bulges that people get in their clothing that starts stretching over the rolls of fat.

All that said, when the laws for fat people are being passed to try to force people to lose weight, will that law apply to someone like Oprah Winfrey? Will she be turned back from the local Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)?

Will the manager of the restaraunt see her limosine pull up to the drive up, and now being lawfully deputized to play the fat-police, tell her "No, Oprah, you're too obese?"

The hypocrisy of the wealthy overwhelms me. And the ingnorance of the poor dumbfounds me.
I don't claim to be the all-knowing. However, I know that if there is money being passed around, suddenly people change their personality. People like Oprah won't have any problem getting all the food she wants to eat. Will she stand up for the people who can't?

Oprah Winfrey has more money than she has time to spend. Yet, she is suffering from many of the same things that all people struggle with. Overeating is obviously an issue for this woman. Even she has to have someone to follow her around so she won't overeat. And, it's not working anymore. It shows.

Who, has the right to discern what you and I are going to eat? That is if we have our brain power to function.

There are companies who spend all their wealth trying to figure out how to get us to eat more food. I purchased granola bars to snack on out on the road. These granola bars are coated with yogurt icing. They are delicious. It's hard to eat just one. Yet each one of those yogurt bars are 140 calories each. That's a lot of calories for a bar of food that's about 3/4 of an inch times 2 1/2 inches.

This is what we are up against when it comes to fighting the battle of the bulge. We have to learn to stop eating. I mean we have to stop eating even before we start to feel full.

And what about the food police, are we going to train a generation of people who are sensitive to the comments of a person hyper critical to skin color, but insensitive to someone becoming obese? Are these the people who will walk up to us in the restaraunt and snatch the food out of our mouths? Who has that right?

We live in the most prolific nation in the world. We need to say, "Thank you God." But, with that goes the responsibity to control ourselves. Just because I can grab that candy bar off the self, or walk in to any McDonald's, it doesn't mean I should eat everything in sight.

I resent someone thinking he or she has the right to control me. It's one thing if I break a law that is designed to protect others, it's a whole different world that micro-manages everything I personally do.

Yesterday I Did Some Mindless Eating
My family member has bags of snacks sitting around the house. There are cans of peanuts everywhere, bags of chips in the cupboard, and icecream in the freezer. Before I left the house, I stuck my hand inside the bag of chips and pulled out a fistful. After I ate those chips, I grabbed a fistful of peanuts. I forgot to write it down. This morning I remembered that I had done this mindless act and wrote it down.

This is what catches us up, we do things by habit, and without thought. I grabbed food because I was hungry. I didn't even think about it.

Be weary of letting down your guard like this.

Currently as I am typing this I am listening to Prison Planet. On this program there is someone talking about processed foods, and how children are getting addicted to them.
Sugar is one of the problem foods that really hooks children.

Parents need to learn to limit sugar in their children. It's not the government's job.

It's easy to blame the food manufacturers. The food manufacturers are trying to make money.

Let me tell you something. There are plenty of books out there telling us not to overeat. I don't care if it's processed foods, or other things that are natural. If I over consume the amount of food I need to survive, then I will get fat, and fatter.

The key to losing weight is to cut back on the food. I get hungry as can be too. I hate having to cut back on my food. I don't live on a farm, so I have to buy what's in the stores.

I have to cut back the food. I have to buy the supplements like vitamins. I have to explore to make my life better.

I lost sixty pounds eating processed foods. I just ate less of it. EAT LESS FOOD is what I keep writing to people. EAT LESS FOOD, and take your vitamins.

Also, be aware that with CAFTA, which is an international agreement, will come prescription Vitamins. That's right, you will be forced to go see a doctor so you can take something as simple as Vitamin C.

Finally, I am not siding with the food manufacturers that put stuff like MSG in our food. This product is purported to cause hunger. I am writing "wake up," you have to bite the bullet. You have to realize when you have had enough calories to live on. You have to monitor what goes into your mouth. If you do, then you will be better off.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Didn't you hear Oprah has a thyroid disorder? That is the reason that's been given for her weight gain...

And that MS law is ridiculous...what is this world coming to?

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...