Monday, February 4, 2008

Even Our Pet's Weight Goes Up And Down Each Day

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.4-pounds.

I didn't post yesterday because I was unable to get to a computer. I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182-pounds for Sunday, February 3, 2008.

I have been away from home for the last four days. The days have been long at work. I made up my mind to eat a little something when I got hungry. This means that I was unable to stay at the 1,300 calories I originally decided to use as my daily calorie intake.

It's very hard to stay with 1,300 calories. I was getting very, very hungry, and my energy was draining away fast when I was hungry. I ate just so I could boost myself.

Now, I am very happy that I am sitting here back around 180-pounds or just a little over. It means I am stable at this weight. It means that I am OK eating just about 2000 calories a day and the weight remains stable.

I have been hoping to drop down to 160-pounds. I was actually heading down to the 170-pounds target. Only the work days are getting long again.
This means I am going to eat something.

From now on, I have made up my mind that I will carry my food with me. It's cheaper than eating at a restaurant.

Even My Pet-Parakeet's Weight Goes Up And Down
Yesterday I got home at around 9:30 PM, after being gone four days. I had to greet my little parakeet because he actually misses me when I am gone. When he gets upset I can tell it by the way he hunches over in the cage. The little guy has a personality.

When I left I made sure "Angel" had plenty of food and water. Well, he chowed down when I was gone. He must have been depressed.

Last night I removed him from his cage and put him on the kitchen scale. He weighed in at 38 grams. Which I was happy with because for a while there he wasn't eating right. He wasn't eating the seed I gave him and he lost a lot of weight.

This morning I put "Angel" back on the kitchen scale and he weighed 35 grams. This is a difference of 3 grams over night change.

Here is my point. Even my birds weight goes up and down some from day to day.

Like I said, in his case I am glad he has gained some weight. I was getting concerned there that he might starve to death.

So if you find your weight changes a little everyday, just remember that it depends on many things. It depends on the amount of fluids the body is retaining in the tissues. It depends on the amount of waste elimination. Which should be for the solids at least once for every meal consumed. For the liquids, it may be once every hour, especially if someone consumes liquids that are naturally a diuretic like sodas with caffeine, tea, and coffee. And, of course it will depend on the actual reality of are you consuming less food, so that fat metabolism can actually take place.

If you are trying to lose weight the weight trend should be down over the long term. Short bursts of up and down poundage can become frustrating. My weight can go up as high as six pounds in one day until I eliminate. (I won't get graphic)

Your weight will be like this too.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

A said...

If your bird was baked into a cake, would it be an angel food cake?

;)

Just kidding!

David Dane said...

If my bird gets big enough I may pluck his feather, put some barbecue sauce on him, and make him an appetizer. Just kidding too.

Jake Silver said...

that's cool that u have a bird

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...