Thursday, February 14, 2008

I've Come A Long Way Baby

Hello weight losing fans...

Are you ready for this one? Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital Scale weighing in at 184.8-pounds(83.824 Kilograms Body Mass). I know you're surprised.

I told you it's stuff waiting to leave. For the last three days I have been at a family members house. There I have eaten well. I have had a few more carbohydrates per meal than I usually eat, I have had many cans of diet soda, and I have had chocolates, and cookies. Oops. I am such a bad boy.

Even so, I am not convinced that this is all fat. I came home and I have already gone below 184-pounds. So, I am retaining fluids because of the diet soda, and the high sodium content in it. Also, I haven't eliminated other wastes like I should.

I came home and before I came out to post I decided that I was going to have to do some internal blasting here. The pipes are plugged up. So I took some colon cleaner, and I am waiting to see what that does.

I drink protein powder. One of the draw backs of drinking so much protein powder is I back up. Everything comes to a halt for some reason. So, I have to blast it out.

This might happen to you too. If you are trying to lose weight, and you reduce down what you normally eat, and take protein powder as I am recommending, then you too might get backed up.

This is only stuff waiting to make its way out.

Have I had some extra pieces of chocolate? Yes, I have. Late last night I was sitting looking at some stuff on the Internet. Earlier I had seen a bag of dove chocolates sitting on the couch. I ate the remaining pieces in the bag. When I wanted a diet soda, I opened the refrigerator, and there was a bag of "Weight Watchers Coconut Chocolates" there. I took out two pieces of those and ate them. Each of the little "Weight Watchers coconut chocolates" was 50 calories. Hmmmm? It seems to me, even if it's "Weight Watchers" it still is packed with calories.

I am not discouraged by all this. First I know from where I came. I have on my waist a belt that is eleven inches longer than I need. It's because it's the same belt I wore when I was at a 46 inch waist line. I have sitting on my give away pile of clothes five pairs of bluejeans that are way to large to wear anymore. I have three pairs of pants in the closet that still have the tags on them and they are too large as well. So, I have come a long way baby.

I know where I am going to go to. I know that I am going to make it to 160-pounds. This is in spite of all my critics who think I should stay at this weight.

Today I Helped An Old Lady Up The Stairs
Today Some old woman needed help up the stairs where I live. I grabbed her cart and ran up the stairs and waited for her to make her way up the stairs. She didn't want me to help her up the stairs. Last year I wouldn't have had the energy for that. I would have huffed and puffed up the stairs myself. I have come a long way.

I am not discouraged by a temporary turn around. I am not discouraged that this morning I didn't wake up weighing in at 175-pounds (79.379-Kilograms body mass).
Eventually I will get there. It just takes time.

How about you? Are you making any attempts to lose weight, or body mass? Ugh, I hate having to include the kilograms. I just don't know who is going to read this blog, and only thinks using the metric system.

If you have to lose weight in pounds, or mass in Kilograms, you too are going to experience the ups and downs. You are going to see your weight take bigs leaps up. And there will be times when you won't seem to lose anything at all.

Don't give up, and don't give in. You are on the same planet we all are on. We all have things we struggle with. If you are like me, and you are bigger than you ought to be, don't give up, and don't give in.

Someone commented this was a gross topic today. I am not a ghoul that revels in what's gross. We are human, and being human we have deal with the gross. I expect people have common sense.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Firstly, gross topic today!

Secondly, I live in a country (New Zealand) that uses the metric system but I actually like to record my weight loss in pounds as I like to see the numbers ticking down. It does it a lot faster in pounds than it does in kilograms! Having said that, I have to lose a lot more pounds than kilograms! :)

David Dane said...

Well, I didn't know that. I assumed that North America was the last country using pounds. Thanks for commenting ebsfwan

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...