Monday, February 25, 2008

I Am Now Going Into Maintenance Mode

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.8-pounds. That's up from yesterday, Sunday. I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180-pounds.

The last couple days I made a deliberate change to up my calories from the 1,300 calories I had been consuming. I did it because I wasn't making any progress. My body has frozen in this plateau of 180-pounds. Yes, I can get a little below 180. And I definitely can sore above it. But, still, I just keep hanging around this 180-pounds.

I am just going to stay here. So, I upped my calorie count to around 2000 calories a day.

I haven't given up attempting to get to 160-pounds. Only this is just a real long drawn out battle here. To be honest, I am flat out sick of starving.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night with hunger pains, and I feel like someone who is living inside a prisoner of war camp.

So, I will keep posting as ideas pop into my little head. However, I am giving fare warning now: Don't expect to see me losing any weight soon. I am tired of the fight, and the hunger. I am now in my maintenance mode.

If you are looking for any brilliant ideas to inspire you to lose weight, check out some other things on the Internet.

Easy does it. Steady as she goes. Let's keep this weight on course here... Aye, Aye, captain.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

I think you've made a good choice to coast along for now at 180...then after the break reduce your calories back to 1500..I imagine you will start losing again on that amount...the main thing, as you already know, is to hang on and not undo the progress you've made...which is easy to do when discouraged with results...I was inspired by a blog I read, of a girl who lost about 70 pounds...I noticed it took her a whole year to lose the first 20 of that 70...I've lost 10 pounds in five months, so I'm not doing so bad I've decided...2 pounds a month is progress in the right direction...

Lately I've felt like I need a break too, I think a lot of bloggers have...and that may be the key to successful long term weight loss...knowing when to "hold em" so you don't "fold em" in the words of the Kenny Rogers song, sort of...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...