Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You Can Exercise, But, You Still Have To Contol What You Eat

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.6-pounds. I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital Scale at a body mass of 82.826-Kilograms.

Last night I went overboard. It's stuff waiting to make it's way out, that's all.

Now, you can see the weight can jump quickly up into the wrong direction. What causes that? Many things can cause it. It could be water retention. The last couple days I have drank diet soda, which I think aides in fluid retention. It could be backed up plumbing. In other words the body has not eliminated waste products.

It could be fat. And then again it could be muscle.

What, how can it be muscle? One of the things that I don't write about is how I exercise. I don't have a gym. It's cold as can be outside, and there is ice everywhere. So, I am not going to be out hitting the dusty trails.

I have been exercising. Yes, I put the radio on an FM music station that has some music with a beat, then I do shallow squats until absolute exhaustion. I do exercises without weights. I do stretches and twists. Then I do exercises like pushing hard against an unmovable wall. I just don't boast about it.

I have been upping the protein powder, and the protein from meat, and eggs. Last night I ate a large amount of chicken. It still didn't make it out the back door.

So, is it muscle, or is it fat? I think it could be either. I suspect it's fluid retention because of diet soda, and because of a backed up sewer system.

I am on top of it though. I am using a high fiber product. I take my vitamins. I try to do what I can.

More People Are Telling Me Don't Lose More Weight
Two more people this week have told me that my face looks too lean. One woman said my jaw line is too narrow. Another person said my face looks tired, and drawn.

I protest and tell them that I still have fat around my middle. I am told well exercise and trim it off. You know, these people don't exercise themselves. I can tell by looking at them.

Here is the dynamics of fat. Fat is stored energy. The body uses fat to cushion organs. The body uses fat in the brain for cushioning. We have to have fat. Woman store fat in different parts of the body because they are designed to have children. When that baby is inside, it becomes one more thing the womans body will feed. So, whens she gets hungry the body has fat in storage to draw out energy.

Fat is made up from chains of sugar. The body assembles and disassembles these chains of sugar when the need arises. When the body is overloaded with insulin, and it doesn't need that energy it turns to fat. When the body is famished it takes the fat as energy. It also takes muscle too.

The body has to break down the fat and turn it back to energy. If I exercise to get off the fat, the body will take fat from anywhere it wants. I can't point at my stomach and say only take the fat from here. No, my body will take the fat from where it wants to.

Well, what about spot reduction with twists, etc. That only conditions the underlying muscle. I can add muscle to the underlying structures. But, as far as the fat goes on the surface, it will stay there until it's burned off. This means using up calories.

I have a friend who treads mills, and runs, and weight lifts. He has exercised for years, and years, and years. He is fat. It's only because he overeats. His body stores the fat that he doesn't burn off. Even though he exercises, he is still fat. I have watched him eat. It's no wonder he's fat.

Exercise can build muscle. Exercise can condition muscle. Exercise can add to the fat burning process. That's because the body needs energy under physical exertion.

If you want to lose fat, you will have to eat less food. Eat more protein, eat those greens vegetables. Understand that eating a lot of sugar just opens the door to food cravings and poor nutrition. OK, and I am not perfect there either. So, there.

I am not saying you can't have cookies. Goodness gracious you should see how many Christmas Cookies I ate this year. But, many times, those cookies were my breakfast, or my lunch. That was all I would allow myself.

There has to be a compromise. There has to be a trade off. You can have that granola bar, but then you may have to skip eating that biscuit.

You should eat apples and fruit if you have a sweet tooth. I know, I know, chocolate chip cookies can be addicting. I know. You don't have to tell me.

I am not telling you it's easy. I am not saying you won't have days when you crash land. I am saying you have to start adapting. That is because you are entering into an eternal war zone. You are going to fighting "The Battle Of The Bulge."
If you are like me, that battle will never end.
When I hit that 160-pound target (72.575-Kilograms of mass),I will have to remain ever vigilante.

By the way, Jerrod the kid who lost ten pounds eating subway sub sandwiches is celebrating 10 years today keeping his weight normal.

Good Luck to you.

Good Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

The people who think your face is too thin will eventually get used to your new thin face...

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah, Even I have to get used to the thin looking face.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...