Saturday, January 26, 2008

Are We Meant To Graze?

Hello weight losing fans....

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale Weighing 181-pounds.

This morning I awoke a 4:30 AM. I meant to wake up at 5:30 AM, however I punched a button on the clock that set the time zone to the East Coast. I didn't have my glasses on when I set the wake up hour. So my clock went off an hour before I wanted it to.
I got up, made breakfast, and went out to my car an hour before I wanted to.

When I got into my car and looked at the time on the car radio, I was surprised by my error.
I was already heading down the road, and turned around to head back to my home.
I didn't want to get to work any earlier than I had to.

I was out one hour of rest. Whoops...

I had to go to another city today. As I was driving down the road I was thinking about this blog.
I was wondering what I should write. Seeing as I know I have such a big audience that just hangs on every word I write, I had to think carefully about what I would write. (Oh, I make myself laugh.)

As I was thinking, I couldn't help but feel in my stomach that tug of hunger. I was already slightly hungry after I ate some oatmeal and a banana for breakfast at around 5:15 AM. Here it was 9:30 AM, or so, and I was really beginning to get hungry.

I had to stop at a rest area, and when I stopped I ate a granola bar.
It helped for a little while.

As a result of this, the thought popped into my head, "Are we meant to graze?"

When I write that we should "Eat Less Food," I can't determine how much is right for you.
When I decided to lose weight, I actually started out dramatically low for my proper calorie count. This is because I started out eating "Lean Cuisines" three times a day.

Each "Lean Cuisine" meal was around 300 calories. I upped the calorie count from there.

As I was getting hungrier and hungrier I was thinking, "Man it's a long time until my next meal."
When I stopped I found I had to eat something. I felt a temporary cut of the hunger.

This got me to thinking, "Should we eat more than three meals a day? Are we meant to graze like animals in a field?"

As I experiment more and more with my nutritional intake, I keep wondering how can I fix this insatiable hunger.
It only makes sense to me that I should think through what I want to eat throughout the day. I should have my calories already predetermined, and the food ready with me.

It's a hassle to keep packing up food and carrying it with me. I have found it's cheaper than buying food in a restaurant. I have found it's better to have it handy when I get hungry, even if it's just a small snack.

I am determined to get down to 160-pounds. My friends say, "I would be too skinny."

In order to get there I am actually experiencing all the symptoms of someone going into a diet for the first time. It is not easy for me to put the brakes on at 1,300 calories.

The only way it seems to work best, is to learn to graze a little throughout the day.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Jake Silver said...

U know this is the way I eat, For several weeks now, I have maintained 132 pounds. I wish I could exercise a little more and "tone up" but I don't look so bad. Kind of like a slim biker dude. I eat each meal about 450 cals or less, morning snack is 150 cals and afternoon is 300. Or less. These are MAXIMUMS. So I eat at least 1500 but not more than 1800 every day. Good luck Dave. You can do it.

David Dane said...

Thanks Jake

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...