Thursday, January 3, 2008

Don't Overeat, It's Only Overloading the body

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.6-pounds.
Didn't I tell you yesterday, "It's stuff waiting to leave?"

Yesterday I was talking with some lady who lives in Chicago. She was telling my how she is so fortunate that food doesn't stick to her. She is so active, she says, that she can't gain weight.
OK. She is about 30 years old. As she ages, let's see if she can still claim that.

On the other hand, she said her mother is getting fat, and has a very fat gut. She said her mother wants to lose the weight but can't figure out what to do.

I started giving her suggestions. I asked her how much food does momma eat? The woman's reply was, "She doesn't eat that much food. I have watched her, she doesn't eat that much."

Did you ever hear of this expression, "The hand is quicker than the eye?" Illusionists use tricks and illusions to deceive us into believing what we are seeing is real.

This woman's mother who is fat, and getting fatter, is unwittingly using tricks and illusions to make her daughter believe something isn't what it seems. However, look at that mommas fat body, and then reason will tell anyone with some sense she's overeating.

Just because I didn't see what someone was eating doesn't mean they haven't eaten something.

One thing many people fail to realize is a person doesn't have to eat solid foods to pack on the pounds. Drinking sodas, fruit juice, milk, and some other drinks that may have corn syrup, and maybe even a couple cups of coffee with sugar dumped in, can add to the calorie count for the day.

I don't believe people anymore when they tell me they don't eat that much. I can look at your body and tell that you are lying to me.

And, I did know one woman who was thin like a tweedy bird. She truly didn't eat that much. What she ate made all of the difference in the world. One of the things she made a very intense effort to do was to avoid sugar at all costs. Which made her diet very limited indeed.

So, anyway, I finished off my suggestions and was told this: "Well, not all diets work the same for everyone." I realized there I wasted my breath with this woman. She had no intention in sharing what I told her with her mother.

My reply to the woman before she left my presence was this, "Tell your mom to EAT LESS FOOD." She was snooty enough to say, "That may not work for her." To which I said, "Let me lock you mother in a room and not feed her. She'll lose weight then."

At that logic she had to conceit that I was right. I am right. If anyone is deprived food, they will lose weight. That's it.

Here is the challenge, what should anyone eat? What can anyone eat, and not kill themselves in the process of trying to lose weight?

Hmmm, what has the government been publishing for years? How many servings of fruits and vegetables should we eat? How much meat and dairy should we eat?

Then, what have we been warned about time, and time again? Avoid sugary foods, and soda, and fats, hasn't this what we have been told?

Hey, preponderant one - yes you - the one who's pants don't fit anymore, what have we been told? What have we been letting go in one ear, and out the other?

The information is out there. The solutions to our weight gaining issues are out there. The problem is we want a real quick fix. So, in desperation, we turn to the ghouls and vampires who call themselves doctors. These are the guys who in a flash will cut up your guts and charge you $30,000. Then they will leave you living for the rest of your life with a body that can't function properly.

Let me make this real easy for you. Are you ready for an easy lesson? Try to follow me here:
  • If you must eat that chocolate; eat just one
  • If you eat a hamburger; eat just one
  • If you eat an Egg Mc Muffin, eat just one
  • If you eat a piece of pie; make it a small piece
  • If you eat that fried chicken; eat only one piece
  • If you must have that stack of pancakes for breakfast; consider eating salads for the rest of the day

Do you understand what I am getting at here? Eating moderately is the best way to go. Over consuming food only gets everyone in trouble in the end.

Don't overeat. You're only overloading the body. In the end you'll get fat like a hog.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Most people are in denial about how much they eat...my mamma who was very heavy until recently would say she didn't eat much...but I'd see what she'd eat and she was packing in the calories...until a person keeps track and tallies it up they are generally clueless...my son always points out that people who survived the concentration camps of WWII were skinny...none of them came out fat due to glandular problems or slow metabolisms or not eating 6 mini meals a day...they were lucky to get a crust of bread each day.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...