Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Losing Weight Is Worth The Effort

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 186-pounds.

It's only food that's was getting ready to leave. I won't get graphic. I had a large New Years Day Dinner yesterday. Does that give you any idea there?

Anyway, today I was talking to a friend. He was wondering about what he was going to do about the fact he is getting noticeably bigger. He is now beginning to realize he must do something about it.

In our conversation he admitted that he is used to eating big meals. He even admitted he eats food because he feels comfortable eating. He likes to eat.

Yes, most of us do like to eat. There are a lot of companies out there that make food delicious for one reason, "So we will eat as much of it as they can sell."

The companies that make snack foods and candies aren't worried about the fact people overeat. These companies want to make money. And the only way they make money is people have to buy their food.

I am not knocking companies that make yummy food. I am not knocking chocolate factories and candy makers.

When I gained weight. I didn't blame the food makers. I had to blame me. It wasn't any one's fault but my own.

I wasn't tied down to a table with a funnel forced into my mouth. Then some mad man poured food into me until I burst.

My family didn't do things that got me emotionally upset for the main purpose of making me eat, eat, and eat, to soothe my feelings.

Nope, the responsibility for over eating came down to me. This is the way it is with you too. No one is forcing food down your throat.

No one is standing in front of you with a loaded gun threatening to kill you if you don't eat.

The opposite if true. I am now hearing commercials from the Nanny State of Illinois telling people to teach children to eat responsibly.

There are shelves full of diet books in the book stores, and the libraries.

The News Media is publishing story after story about obesity.

So what is the problem? Me, and you are the problem.

Until you resolve in your head and your heart that the problem is with you and no one else. You won't take the necessary steps to resolve the problem. That's it.

And all the diet books, and doctors, and news stories about obesity can't fix you until you decide you want to fix the problem.

Can you lose weight? Yes, I did in less than one year I lost 60-pounds. Do you have to starve to death to do it? No, you won't starve if you do it right. All you do is reduce your portions sizes that's all.

We eat more food than we need to live, and survive. We could do with less food and do just fine.
You have to get over you, and your need to fill every square inch of your tummy.

If you do, and you take the steps, sooner or later you will lose weight. It's well worth the effort.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

A said...

It is all about resolve. New Year's Resolution are lost because we are not resolved in the beginning. Day 1, we have to tell ourselves that it might be hard, but worth the effort. Pretending it will be easy is a lie in the disguise of positive thinking.

"I think I can," isn't enough. "I will try even when it gets hard," is where we need to be.

You are right about blame. Blame the food company, and we push away our own responsibility. Besides, what would ask them to do? Make nasty tasting food?

David Dane said...

Brilliant commentary resilient hawk, Thanks again.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...