Monday, January 14, 2008

What Should I Do To Lose Another Ten Pounds?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.6-pounds.
OK, I'm walking a tight rope here with that 180-pound number.

Will I Ever Get To 170-Pounds?
Many people have been commenting to me lately they notice that I have lost weight. I have actually been asked if I have been sick.

It's only because there really is a highly noticeable difference in my physical size, as compared to last year, that people are commenting. I have lost at least six inches from my middle waist size.
That is a lot.

I didn't lose all this weight so I could get noticed.

Along with the comments about my weight, some people are saying that I should not lose any more weight. It's said, "I look good where I am now."

I have been tempted to stop here at 180-pounds, and then maintain it.

I am not going to stop at 180-pounds. Here is why: There is still 20-pounds of fat over the tummy area. Yep, I can grab some fat there with my hand.
My scale is confirming that I still have a high amount of body fat. I have a 23-24 percent body fat. I want my body fat to be at 15 percent.

Will I look skinny? Yes, I will look lean. This is only because I really do have a very light bone structure.

There is a difference between being lean (skinny) and being sickly looking. I don't plan on letting myself get to the point where the skin hangs on my bones. That's not healthy, and it looks terrible.

I have seen some of these runway models, and their skin hangs onto their bones. They have skinny legs, and no hips. They are gross. I don't know how anyone can be impressed with them.

Many of these models have neurotic eating patterns. I won't go into what they do, but I am here to tell you, "That's not me."

I am careful to eat when I should be eating. I don't eat like I used to though. This has made all the difference in the world with my managing the body weight.

I keep writing, "Don't kill yourself trying to lose weight."
I keep writing, "Don't fast yourself into a size 6 dress, down from a size 12 dress."
I keep writing, "Eat Less Food."
I keep writing, "Monitor your weight."
I keep writing, "Monitor what you put into your mouth."


I am not writing, "Skip a meal."
I am not writing, "Get that calorie count down so far that you make yourself sick."
I am not writing, "Lose that weight fast, as in, "Lose 2-pounds a week." That's not smart.

If you could see my weight loss progress over the year, you'll see I lost about 1-pound a week. It was actually a little more than a pound loss during some weeks. But, it wasn't much more than a pound.

It was "easy does it" for my weight loss progress. I did that deliberately. And, I didn't start out that way. It was trial and error at first.

It's because I am careful about what I eat, (Most of the time.) that I am now stalled at 180-pounds.

To be honest, I am looking back and saying to myself, "Wow, I am actually down 60-pounds."
My mind is still trying to grasp that reality.

Where did that fat guy go to?

I want to get down to 160-pounds. Only, I am wondering just how I should do that. I could increase the exercise. It's cold outside now, and I don't have a gym membership.

I also preach that exercise really is for conditioning the body. Exercise should be used to maintain, or increase body strength. Burning calories is a by product of expending energy during exercise.

So, what am I going to do to get to 170-pounds? I have no choice but to push down my total calorie intake for the day.

I have made up my mind that I will drop my total calorie count from 1,500 calories per-day, down to 1,300 calories per-day.

In doing so, I have to make sure that I keep taking my protein powder, and my vitamin supplements.

I realize that I can't get all the vitamins and nutrients that I need by eating 1,300 calories a day.
I am going to push up the green vegetables that I consume also.

I can get a lot of bulk out of a half pound of beans, and not a whole lot of calories. It's safe to eat greens as part of a diet program. I am not a rabbit either...

I am really going to be careful with the cookies and cake. Yep, I will have to watch out there.

When will I get to 170-pounds? I don't know. I am sure I will get there using only 1,300 calories a day.

That diet book I mentioned had a formula: 7 calories times my weight. Seven calories times 180-pounds is 1,280 calories. I am going to round that to 1,300 calories.

I am not going to enjoy this either. I like food just like anyone else does. I am not so happy about trimming off another 200 calories.

But, I must do what I can to get to where I want to be, and that's 160-pounds.

Trust me, I don't plan on killing myself to get there. There will be those days coming up that I will bust the food bank too. So don't worry about me.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

A said...

We see pictures of the old David Dane. Any fresh ones going to be posted?

Show us some before and after pics.

David Dane said...

I need to get some pictures...

Dinahsoar said...

Good luck...going down to 1300 calories is taking the plunge...that should definitely break the plateau and get you into the 170's. It makes sense, since you've been at 180'ish for awhile now...have to make adjustments when things slow down or halt.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...