Friday, January 11, 2008

I Found A Book Written By The Doctors On "The Biggest Loser"

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182-pounds.
See, I told you that there wasn't anything to worry about.

Yesterday I found a book that was written by the doctors responsible for the TV show "The Biggest Loser." I myself am glad that I didn't end up on the show. I don't want the whole world knowing that I am so inept. Although I am.

Well, then Mr. Dane, why are you writing this blog? I have several reasons. I am hoping someone who was like me, and is struggling with his or her weight like me, will realize that something can be done to fix the problem. And, writing is therapeutic, it's fun.

That fix is "Eat Less Food."

The doctors who wrote this book didn't have much advice about how to lose weight. In other words; they don't have any magical diet plans. They actually made most of this book into a calorie counter. Thank you... I have had such a hard time finding books that count calories for ordinary foods. They have a more in depth book available, but this book was a calorie counter.

The doctors also advised the same thing that I have been posting all along. It's the amount of food we consume, which is measured as calories, that really matters.

These doctors advise is this: If you want to lose weight, then reduce the number of calories that you consume. Voila, you will lose weight if you "EAT LESS FOOD."

They also had a very simple formula to follow to help give a general idea about how many calories should be consumed until the proper weight is attained.
It works like this: 7 calories times your current weight. So for me, I was once 240 pounds, I would have had to consume: 7 x 240 = 1680 calories. Gee, I wish I knew that before.

I actually consumed much less than that 1,680 calories. It's because I was eating Lean Cuisines three times a day. After that I was eating TV dinners. I figured out how many calories I would consume by trial and error.

Now, according to the formula I ought to be consuming 1280 calories. Phew...
It's tough now eating only 1,500 calories a day.

The same doctors wrote that a written food journal ought to be maintained to keep a record of food consumption. They said, all liquids that contain calories, and foods should be measured precisely and the calorie consumption recorded. Gee, what have I been writing? I am oh so profound.

In the end they say when you or I have attained our desired weight we can boost our calorie count up to 14 calories a pound. For me that will be just about 2,200 calories a day that I will be able to eat to keep a stable weight. Is that all? Ugh...

I saw the book over at a local book store. You can get it at Amazon.com by clicking here: Biggest Loser Calorie Counter

Along with that book you can get the whole story about losing weight in this book: The Biggest Loser Diet Plan

Like I have written before: It's how much we consume that gets us into trouble with our weight.

I am just like you, I over ate too much food. In the end I gained weight. I kept gaining weight because I kept eating.

When I was eating before I would actually purchase a 14 inch pizza and eat the whole thing in one meal. In October just over one year ago, I actually ate a big bag of Oreo Cookies in one day.

This is the way that I used to eat. When I was doing the Doctor Atkins's Diet, I would eat a 3-pound roasted chicken for one meal. Is it any wonder why I wasn't losing weight? Of course not.

Well, What Can I Do When I Am So Hungry?
All that said, not only will you have to count calories, but you will have to switch out the foods you regularly consume.

Yep, it's time to say good bye to chocolate donuts, candy, and sugar. What, What, didn't you say, " Eat that donut?" Yes, I did.

If you are so absolutely neurotic about eating a donut, then for goodness sakes eat the donut. But, don't you dare eat anything else with it. I mean you can't even drink down a cup of orange juice with it.

It's a whole lot better for anyone to consume green vegetables of all kinds, along with proteins. For example it's better to eat a 3.5-ounce piece of chicken along with green beans, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, etc., than to consume a 3-ounce donut.

Sugars whip up the appetite. It's because when consumed, sugar spikes up the Insulin. In the past I have recommended eating a table spoon of honey. I still do it before going out to eat.
And, as a result, I don't over eat.

It's because the bodies sugar levels start peaking up when sugars are poured into the system. When the sugar is gone then the body suffers a sudden let down.

It's like popping a drug to get high when sugar is poured into the system. I know when I have eaten too much sugar; I get fidgety, and my nerves start jumping. It's a weird feeling.

So, it's safe to say, if you are going to lose weight then eventually you will have to chuck the sugars and candies.

Can you lose weight while consuming them? Of course you can. I did. Only, I didn't live on cookies, and candy.

You shouldn't either.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

For the calorie count of regular foods this is a good site:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

David Dane said...

Thank you Dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...