Saturday, January 12, 2008

Eat Some Honey, It May Suppress Hunger

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at ????? I don't know.
I forgot my scale at home.

I know that I was sitting at around 182-pounds yesterday. That's good. I think so.

I suspect today I am around the same. I know because I didn't eat anything yesterday that would pack on the pounds. Also this morning, I had a real good, healthy .......! I am sure that knocked off some weight. (Oh, I am so uncouth and gross.)

Today, I was reading Kevin Trudeau's book about "Natural cures." He mentioned in the last chapter a story about bread that his wife made. This bread that she made apparently had the ability to suppress the appetite. One of the ingredients was honey.
Kevin mentioned that honey spikes up the sugar levels and suppresses hunger.

I thought, "Wow, I had already figured that one out." I figured out that by eating honey before I go for a real big meal, I end the meal with eating less food.

I have been posting this in my blog now for many months. If you take a tablespoon of honey before going to that big meal, you may end that meal eating less.

When the body is sending out a signal it's hungry, all the nerves start jumping in the brain. The mind says, "Hey, I am hungry." Then the brain starts to signal the stomach to begin to hurt.

One of the causes of hunger is low blood sugar. If before eating the blood sugar can be spurred on to rise, then hunger will dissipate faster. Honey, which is a natural sugar, starts the blood sugar to rise.
If the blood sugar is up, then the chances of feeling hungry are lowered.

The next time you are raving hungry, try a tablespoon of honey. If you have a big meal ahead of you, then try consuming a tablespoon of honey one half hour before you eat. See if that doesn't help you eat less.

Yesterday I wrote about saying goodbye to sugars. Well, I meant saying goodbye to the things we eat regularly like cookies, sodas, and sweet rolls for breakfast. I didn't mean saying goodbye to honey.

What's the difference between honey and sugar. Studies are finding that honey is a natural anti-biotic in some respects. (Don't ask me to foot-note this. Go Google what I wrote and see if I am nuts.)
Honey also has some other things in it that are thought to help slow the growth of cancer.

Sugar, on the other hand, doesn't have anything that helps the body. It seems to cause cancer, or exacerbate it. There are a bunch of other things that sugar does that make it less of a healthy choice.
It sure does taste good though.

So, try honey before you go out to eat.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...