Thursday, January 10, 2008

Oh..., I Don't Know... Am I Emotionally Hungry, Or Am I Physically Hungry? OH....?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.2-pounds. That's up 2-pounds from yesterday. And that's up 6-pounds off the record set almost one month ago.

Am I worried? No....

Someone was posting about the difference between Emotional Hunger, and Physical Hunger. I commented that I am lucky; I know when I am hungry physically, and I know when I am Emotionally Hungry.

Does it really matter which feeling is making you or me over eat? Honestly? Think about, in either case, if you are feeding yourself because your stomach hurts, or you are emotionally hungry, the damage caused by over eating is the same. In both cases we get fat, and fatter.

In both cases of overeating it comes down to careless, thoughtless action that results in a response which creates overeating. We eat like a hog in both cases.

Someone might say, well if I could understand the motivation that causes me to over eat then I would control myself. Oh, Please...

Come on here. You mean to tell me if you know you are eating too much food, but you don't know if you are physically hungry, or emotionally hungry, you are going to deliberately stuff yourself until you figure it out? What kind of thinking is that?

Here's a thought, I'm in a boat with you and it's sinking. Let's drill a hole in the bottom of the boat so we can stick a camera below to see if it's another hole causing us to sink, or a wave that's swamping us. If it's a hole causing us to sink, we'll try to plug the hole. If it's a wave swamping us, then we'll get a bucket and bail out the water.

I'm fat, and everyone can see I'm getting fatter. I don't know if I am hungry in my stomach, or I have emotional pain. So, I am going to eat more food here until I figure out which one is causing my problem. Phew....

OH, it's emotional pain, now I can stop eating so much. Oh, it's physical hunger, now I can stop eating so much.

Hey, it doesn't matter. You are eating to much food there. Stop, or you'll get worse. That's it.

How hard is that to figure out?

Here the difference between me, and the rest of the gang out there.
It sucks trying to lose weight.
It's hard just eating one Christmas Cookie, when the fat boy, or girl next to you seems to be enjoying that fistful of cookies.
It's hard to say no when every stinking fiber in you is screaming feed me. It doesn't matter what the cause is.

Here is what I say.
Hell, eat that donut for breakfast.
Yep, that donut that comes in at 400-calories; Eat that thing.
Then don't eat anything else until lunch.
Let's have more fun.
Eat that pint of ice cream for dinner.
Yep, that Haagen Dazs Pint of Chocolate Fudge,
Eat that 600 calories of ice cream.
Don't you dare eat anything else.
You had your dessert.
You didn't deny your sweet tooth.
Don't you dare eat that hamburger and French Fries.

Or, you can pound down the green vegetables, which have very low calories, and the high proteins. And, then have just a little bit of dessert.

Oh, don't forget to write it down.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

i dont know if it's as bad as all that, politically. but i def love your hard core honesty. as far as the weight loss thing, keep on truckin! i am at the weight i wanted... 140... but because of the CS i have teeny arms and legs and a fat face and belly. oh well. i'm getting fixed eventually. 4 now i just lay here....

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...