Thursday, January 17, 2008

Will Tomorrow Be The Day I Say Goodbye To 180-Pounds?

Hello weight losing fans...

This is my second post for today.

I thought that I would share that I am sticking with the 1,300 calories.

Even though this morning I awoke with incredible hunger, I am still sticking with it. I ate two Ginger Graham Crackers (130 calories), coffee, a square of saltine crackers (70 calories), a chicken quesadilla platter (400 calories), diet coke. So I have a few more calories left for today.

I have to be up extremely early to work tomorrow so I may just drink down some protein and then hit the hay.

This morning I mentioned something about a friend of mine. It wasn't done to embarrass anyone or to subversively preach. I was giving an example of real life. This is so others may see and realize that something can be done to change their lives.

I feel for people who are struggling with their weight. I have many family members who are preponderant (they tip the scales in the wrong direction). As a result some have developed Adult Onset Diabetes.

It gets tough to deal with the issues of being overweight. I am writing that I was getting close to becoming one of those people who would suffer serious repercussions from being overweight.

It took me getting sick and tired, to take action. You can get off that weight. I did. It's made all the difference in the world.

When I came into the library this evening I was running up the stairs like it was nothing. One year ago at this time in January I would have been lugging up the stairs and holding the rail all the way up. At the top I would have stopped to get my breath.

Now, I fly up the stairs. My pulse rate is down to 60 beats per minute when I wake up in the morning. My blood pressure dropped from this time last year. My cholesterol has dropped over 40 points. My waist line has gone down over six inches. My over all disposition has improved because I feel much better most of the time.

This morning I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 180.4-pounds. We'll see if tomorrow I will see a drop below 180-pounds. Will tomorrow be the day I say goodbye to 180-pounds?

I Don't Make This Complicated
I don't make keeping my weight records complicated. I have a note pad that I keep handy that I write down my morning weight on.
Under that weight I write down what I have eaten or drank, the amount that I consumed. Then I make an effort to estimate the calories that I consumed.

I could use a spreadsheet or the computer to keep records, but I found that is not convenient when I am out and about. I usually scratch out what I ate on paper and then add it to my log book when I get home. Not too long ago I lost my log book and three months of records when I left the book on the deck of my car. (Note To Self: Don't leave items on top of the car, and then drive away.) (Note To Self: Maybe A spreadsheet would work better.)

I also have a very small calorie counter hand book that has a general listing for food. I have been watching my food intake for over a year. I can pretty much look at the food and guess what I am eating. Most of the time I just look at the package the food came in.

Seeing as I am now down to 1,300 calories a day. I have found that I don't have to eat too much food to get to 1,300 calories. If I had three regular TV dinners a day, then I would be at that 1,300 calories.

I can eat three cans of chunky soups per day and hit the 1,300 calories that way as well. With this low of a caloric intake I have to make sure I pump in the extra vitamins.

Now, many people who eat more calories than I do, may actually still be deprived of the proper amount of vitamins.

As I mentioned I have prayed about what to do. I have read many books about weight loss. I have gone to different web sites and read about weight loss.

I could have gone to a doctor to get advise. However, I don't believe many doctors are really in tune with the proper way to lose weight.

I found a web site that says if someone will eat six meals a day, and eat specific foods during those six meals they will lose weight. I am not going to link to it because in the end all they really want is your money. I didn't want to pay the people who own the web site, and the advice to hear the end of their story.

It really comes down to one thing. How much food are you eating? It's food consumption measured in calories that is the issue with weight control.

I have been writing "EAT LESS FOOD." You can eat six meals a day, or you can eat nine meals a day. When tallied up at the end of the day, did you eat more calories than you need to survive.

You can actually live by eating candy bars. That's right, you can live eating candy bars. However, it won't be long before you will suffer from the effects of a low protein consumption. There are vital nutrients in proteins that the body uses. Most Candy bars don't have enough protein.
That is unless you eat nut covered candy bars.

So, you really have to think through your food consumption. It's more than reducing the calories. Most people have the intelligence they need to figure out what to eat. However, how many times do we know what to do and not apply it?

Initially I made it easy on myself. I ate TV dinners. That was a quick fix for my meal planning. You can get some real yummy TV dinners for cheap. When I write cheap, I mean $2.00 a dinner.

There is no need to invest big money in a food program like what you see on Television.

If you absolutely crave more of my wisdom, then see what I wrote earlier today on my first post. Also down on the left of this post is a list of archived writings. If you'll open up some of those you will find writings there that are absolutely filled with more wisdom than all the blogs and web sites put together. (Oh I make myself laugh.)

I'll give you all the wisdom you need in a paraphrase. It's easy: EAT LESS FOOD.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Jake Silver said...

I love your blog but what is weird is I made my goal weight eating 1700 cals poer day average and LSAYING ON MY COUCH. How is it that you at 1300 calories?

Dinahsoar said...

I keep checking to see if you made it down to 179...hopefully in the next day or two...you've worked hard to get there...and you will because you are determined.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...