Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Count Up The Vegetable Calories, Especially Those Carrots, And Starches

Hello weight losing fans...

This is my second post for today.

I decided to separate it from my other post.

Here is what I have consumed today:
  • Ginger Bread Grahams Crackers-2 each (130 calories)
  • Protein Powder (300 calories)
  • Pureed Vegetables (200 calories)
  • Eggs-2 each(140 calories)
  • Hamburger Patty (280 calories)

Be aware that every thing we consume may have calories. There might not be a lot of calories, but they should be counted.

Some people might think that vegetables like carrots can't have a lot of calories in them. However, I chopped up four average size carrots to toss into my vegetable puree that were 200 calories for the four of them.
In other words, each carrot was about 50 calories.

Why is a carrot a problem? There isn't a lot of sugar in a carrot. However, like apples and oranges, the calories can add up. Carrots aren't real high up on the carbohydrates list, but they are there none the less.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

I recently bought some of those individual packets of baby carrots and was surprised to see that the small amount in each portion was 35 calories...and I imagine over the years I've eaten the equivalent of 2 or 3 portions at a snack or meal thinking they didn't have very many calories...while they are not high in calories relative to other foods, they also are not like lettuce, green peppers and the like...you do have to watch how many of them you consume.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...