Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Second Disappointing Day On The Scale-He's Over 200 Again

Well, this morning I stepped on the scale at 201 pounds.

This may seem dismal after having been just under 200-pounds the other day at 199.8 pounds.
For you maybe, but for me this is fabulous. What? Hey, I'm not going to be neurotic about cutting off the pounds here.

I refuse to get my underwear in a knot because I went back up a couple pounds. Remember the overall trend over these last six months has been down. If there are any statisticians out there who could graph my weight loss progress they could draw a straight line across the middle of the graph and see my weight is trending down.

Yesterday I ate sensibly. The day before yesterday I ate sensibly. I didn't eat to much food, and I didn't starve myself either.

This weight loss thing that I am doing is going to be a life long thing here.
It's not a hit the mark and then forget I ever lost weight; then I get to go back to pigging out.
NO!

Talking To A Real Fat Man
Yesterday I was talking to a man who is a charter bus driver. He was telling me how he lost 42 pounds last year by eating one McDonald's Egg McMuffin in the morning, skipping lunch, and then eating a salad in the evening.

He said he did this so he could pass the physical to renew his Drivers License. What? He did it just for that?

Here is the sad part of the story, he said he regained it all and more. That's right, when anyone starves themselves to lose weight the body kicks in extra reserves of fat.

Why, oh why, after struggling to lose four 10-pound-bowling balls, or five one-gallon jugs of water off of their body would anyone let it come back again?

I tell you the truth I lost weight, but couldn't figure out how to keep it off. I never really made the calorie connection thing here. Now, I know what calories mean. I know what monitoring my weight means.

Now, I have the weapons I need to lose the weight and keep that weight off. To hell with all the stinking critics out there with there comments like, "Well, you gotta keep it off."

Yes, it's hard to get the weight off. Yes, everyone has to struggle with hunger. Yes, I have to watch what I eat. Yes, it's a pain in my behind to do this. It's worth it.

I can't tell you how much my energy levels have jumped up. I go all day without napping. I get up in the morning with just about eight hours of sleep. This is without the aid of a clock. The fog in my mind seems to be slowly lifting. I feel better. I feel much, much, much better.

I'm not starving to get off the pounds. I just reduced my total intake. That's all.

I wish I could shake people and get them to listen to me. I am not killing myself to lose weight. I am not denying myself little treats along the way. Yesterday I had a granola bar with chocolate in it. Yummy...

I Don't Know When I Will Have Any Impact
I am frustrated. I see people who are so overweight. I wish I could give to them the will power to get the fat off. I can't. I am frustrated because of it.

When I was overweight I could feel it. I could see it when I removed my clothes. I still see that extra 30 pounds when I remove my shirt. My legs have really leaned out. All that reserve fat is in my guts.

It's better than it was.

I just wish I could impress on people how important it is to get those pounds off. I am becoming a nut on people. Maybe someday I'll have a show like Richard Simmons did.

I wouldn't turn to weight loss exchange cards like he did. I wouldn't turn to the food exchange program like weight watchers. Here is why, because it's the portion size that counts.

If I eat a giant hamburger on a giant bun there goes 700 calories. Last night I had a ground turkey burger on a small bun. The total calories was half that at 350 calories.

It's the amount of food that we eat that gets us into trouble.

My Other Friend Is A Sugar Addict
Yesterday I went to lunch with another friend. He purchased a piece of fried chicken. He also purchase fruit yogurt, and two boxes of granola bars.

When I sat and watched him eat, he ate the chicken, the yogurt, and three granola bars. All, had loads of sugar. He also had a large coffee with three teaspoons of sugar in it.

He, like so many people, are addicted to sugar. He has to have sugar in his coffee, he has to eat it with every meal. It's no wonder he is gaining weight.

If this is you, you too will gain weight. Then one day you will awaken with the symptoms of a type-two-diabetic like my brothers.

Maybe then he'll quit eating so much sugar.

If you are a sugar addict then you are in trouble from the start. I am convinced sugar is one of the biggest food consumption issues today. Everything seems to have sugar in it.

When I see someone that eats a lot of sugar, I don't even listen to a word he says about weight loss. That's right. I look at a sugar consumer like I look at a smoker. I think, "Here is a person with an addiction."

If he is overweight and then tries to advise me about how to lose weight, the advice flies past me. I don't even acknowledge it.

Here is why. Because the person has a habit they won't kick. I don't say don't eat sugar. I say watch what you are eating. If you eat a lot of sugar and don't realize it, then something is wrong.

Weight Loss begins with admitting the truth. The truth is if you are overweight then you eat to much food. For most people this is the case.

I didn't say don't eat. I say regulate what you eat. Keep a watch on what you put inside your mouth and swallow.

Is is hard? Yes, darned right it's hard. Do I like it? NO, I don't like it. Do I want to throw in the towel? Darn sure I want to throw in the towel. Do I wish I could just eat, and eat? Yes, many times I want to eat and eat.

Then I remember how good I really feel. I remember how my clothes fit better. I remember how my energy has gone up. I remember how I can run up more stairs now. I remember that my heart rate has fallen.

I have terrific benefits from losing those extra pounds of fat. I remember that every time I get tempted to over eat. I remember how unhappy I was. I remember how happy I am now.

I hated that extra fat. I lothed being over the weight that I should be at. I was desperate to find a permanent solution that wouldn't kill me in the long run.

I found that solution to permanent weight loss. It's as natural as rolling out of bed.

It's called EAT LESS FOOD.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...