Saturday, March 29, 2008

Can't Fit All The Fat Clothes Anymore

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.8-pounds.

Today I was invited to a weddding. I haven't been to a formal event for well over a year.
In that time I have lost over six inches on my waist line.

Yesterday I looked in my closet for dress shirts that might fit me, and that were in good condition. I have many dress shirts. Unfortunately now they are nothing but what I call fat-clothes.

These dress shirts are 18 1/2 inch collars. The chest size was for a 48 inch chest and waist line.
I tried a few of them on and they hung on me like tents. I was surprised. I can easily slide three fingers into the collar. I can spread the sides out like that of a flying squirrel spreading its skin to leap into the air.

I went hunting for a new shirt. I had to buy a shirt that was a 16-16 1/2 shirt because my neck is now that small.

I am happy and unhappy at the same time. I am happy that I lost so much weight. I am unhappy that I will have to dispose of so many good clothes. What a bummer. I am also unhappy that now I have to purchase a whole new wardrobe. It's a bummer there too.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I know what you mean...it's the pits buying down when you lose and up when you gain...a real waste of money. And I'm not crazy about shopping either...

Andrew is getting fit said...

Heh...if you look at my post:

http://www.andrewisgettingfit.com/2008/03/27/a-tale-of-two-weddings/

You will see I had exactly the same experience. Two weddings about a year apart and my suit doesn't fit so I had another one.

David Dane said...

Andrew thanks...
Dinah thanks...

Yes, It's a waste of money, and it's frustrating trying to figure out what to do with the old clothes. Giving them away doesn't seem like a fair thing to have to do, seeing as they weren't free to me to purchase them.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...