Monday, March 10, 2008

I Am Holding That Weight Loss Line

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scales weighing in at 179.2-pounds.
This is good, and it shows that I am staying the course. Well, so far I am.

About a week ago I was talking with a family member about putting carrots in a blender, and other fruits and vegetabes to make a juice with fiber.

My family member told me this wouldn't be a good idea because it makes the sugar in the fruits and vegetables more readily available. My family member is diabetic. He has to watch out for the food he consumes. OK, that's all well and good.

I want to know why he thinks he can sneek those cookies that are filled with chocolate in the center and wrapped in a wafer cookie dough?

Folks, my family member can't be sensible, and honest with himself. I have a question, how many of us are like this? We can't be honest with our food consumption. We make excuses for why we can't eat the good stuff. Then we rationalize eating the bad stuff.

Oh, I am not saying that eating cookies is such a bad thing. I am saying that too many cookies all of the time is a real problem.

Hey, if you are a diabetic, and you have to watch what you eat, then why aren't you keeping a menu? Doesn't your life and health depend on you keeping careful track of what you eat, and drink?

I am just wondering. I am no different. I chomped on one of those little cookies too. Only when I get home, I am going to write down what I ate. The cookie which was shaped like a little cigar was 60 calories. Two, which is a serving, are 120 calories.

OK, so 11 servings, or about one can of these cookies is about 1,320 calories. This is a days worth of calories for someone who is trying to lose weight.

My brother keeps cheating. How about you. Are you serious about your health?

If you are serious about losing weight, and about keeping up your health, then you have to be brutally honest. You need to work on you.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

It's funny how people will lie to themselves isn't it?

David Dane said...

Thankyou ebsfwan...
Yes, we all have our blind spots. It's because we are humans. We are flawed. Most people don't think about the outcome for overeating. We are programmed to eat almost instinctively. Being careful takes thought. It's hard when the "Hunger Monster" strikes.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...