Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Family Member Thinks That Weight Watchers Will Help Her Lose Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.4-pounds.
That's good.

This ought to give anyone who is attempting to lose weight, and then finally maintain that weight, it's an achievable reality.

A couple weeks ago I decided to go into a maintenance mode for my weight. I got tired of the 1,300 calories I had gone down to. I thought that reducing those calories would help me get onto the road to losing weight.

I ended up being nauseously hungry all of the time. I would wake up in the late night hours fighting hunger. I found that I would have to consume something to cut that hunger. In other words it was a futile attempt to lose weight by getting down the calories below the 1,500 calories that I had been maintaining.

Family and friends have been after me to stay at the weight I am currently at. This is around 180-pounds. It goes up and down some from there. But, it's pretty much been at 180-pounds.

I pushed those calories up to around 2,000-2,100 calories a day. This is what the recommended daily allotment of calories is anyway. Believe me this extra 500 calories has helped tremendously to assuage my nagging hunger pains.

I have been able to hold a stable weight here at the 180-pound target. It's not the target that I ultimately hope to get to. However, for the last year of so, I have really stressed my body trying to get down the 60-pounds that I have.

It's been a long road to get here. I guess my impatience to get that last 20-pounds off had pushed me to try to even reduce my calories more. I was miserable.

I am not telling you to go down so far with your calories that you become miserable losing weight. The reality is we all eat more food than our bodies need to survive. I have written this before.

How many cookies do we really need to satisfy that sweet tooth? How many donuts do we have to fill up with in the morning with our coffee.

Oh, once in a blue moon I will still stop and get myself a donut. But, it's one donut, not the two or three that I used to eat. I add that 350 calorie donut to my food log.

Be serious about your consumption of foods, and drinks. Analyze your consumption. You do it. Don't rely on someone else.

My Close Family Member Has Joined Weight Watchers
I have a family member that wants to lose 40 or so pounds. I think that she should lose more than that. But, she's worried about looking gaunt. She doesn't want to look like a walking dead person. OK...

I told her that I take swipes at Weight Watchers. She asked why? It's expensive. Ultimately what will Weight Watchers do for her? Is Weight Watchers going show up when she gets ready to eat that big bowl of pudding that she likes to eat? Is Weight Watchers going to show up when she makes that trip to the buffet?

Also, I warned her that she may find herself opposing me in the future. She said how? I said that Weight Watchers people have a tendency to become very protective of the Weight Watchers process. When I mention to some Weight Watchers that I know personally that I count calories, they get testy with me. When I get critical of points counting as a complicated system, they say no it's not.

OK, So I have to take the information from the side panel of my bread and run to the computer to see how many points weight watchers assigns bread? I have to consult that weight watchers diet expert on every bite of food that I take? I kid you not. That's crazy.

I asked her keep me updated on her weight loss. I am not so sure that I care to know. I am not even going to look at her literature. I told her that if this helps her to lose weight, then go for it. If it works.

It's still going to come down to her will power. She is going to have to be honest with herself.

I have eaten weight watcher's foods. I still get hungry after eating them. I have followed the advice to apportion certain foods. I still got hungry.

Their food isn't any different. Unless my suspicion that they sprinkle everything with Pixie Dust is really true. I joke about that.

Let's see what happens in the future with that. Ultimately I want my family member to get off the weight, and be happy about it. That's what I have been after her for.

How about you? What will you ultimately do to lose that extra weight? I don't know.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an interesting recipe you may want to try (That is is you like tuna fish):

I made this in my WOK.
  1. Heat some olive oil up, 3/4 cups minumum, make sure that oil is hot. (BE CAREFUL.)
  2. Drain two cans of Albacore White Tuna. Very, very, carefully put the tuna in the hot oil. (It will spatter.)
  3. Cook the Tuna for five minutes and stir it around until it's heated up. (Don't burn the fish.)
  4. Add on top of the tuna 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.
  5. Stir in the peanut butter.
  6. Toss in one cup of chopped, frozen brocolli pieces.
  7. Toss in one can of green beans.
  8. Heat the vegetables until the brocolli gets tender.
  9. Keep moving the mass of food around.
  10. Pour in one teaspoon of honey. Stir that in.
  11. Dust the whole mess with some powdered ginger.
  12. Dust the whole mess with paprika.
  13. Salt, and pepper.
  14. Dust with garlic salt.
  15. Stir all of this together.
  16. Make sure the brocolli and green beans are heated inside then turn off the heat.
  17. Finally after the heat is off, pour in 3/4 cups of cream sherry wine. Yep, wine...
  18. Stir all the ingredients in the wine real well.
  19. Cover and let that food sit for about a minute and let the wine soak in some.

Serve it between two people. If you're like me, you'll eat that whole thing yourself. I made this last night. Oh, it was so good.

If you make this meal, send me your comments. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...