Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Am Able To Maintain My Weight So Far

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.8-pounds.

I am happy with this. It means that I don't have to starve to death while maintaining my weight at a very near normal weight. In this case around 180-pounds.

This also means that along the way I can have some goodies. Yesterday I wrote that I ate half of a very large cupcake that was given to me by some children. I also ate three pieces of hard candy. My sister sent me candy in a care package, and I have been fighting myself so I won't down the whole bag in one day. Three pieces of this candy, which is old-fashion-hard-candy is 50 calories. And besides the flavoring inside the candy, it's all sugar.

My sister knows I am a sucker for licorice hard candy. I love licorice in general. I really do love to suck on hard licorice. It's not good for the teeth...

Some Lady At Church Gets My Humor
On Sunday I was talking to a woman at church. I was enamored with her, she's one of those Blue-Eyed, Blond Haired Beauty Queens, with great teeth, and is she is smart to boot.

Yep, this wasn't your typical dumb blond. She does voice overs for commercials, and small movies. I was telling her about my blog and that I wrote a piece about putting on an aluminum hat. She caught on to it immediately and started talking about chocolate pieces that talk to us. Ha... I knew I was hearing something... I told her that I wrote about this. She mentioned that the aluminum foil keeps out the alien radio frequency that is being broadcast out of the food. I laughed and said how did you know? She said that Mel Gibson had a movie years ago where his daughter would wear an aluminum foil skull cap to keep out the alien broadcasts.

I never saw Mel Gibson's movie. I wish that I had. Nope, I came up with that one on my own. I like to have fun with this blog. I try to be whimsical. I write stuff that is sure to make the poor person who is gullible enough to read to the end of the blog, even if it's only one post, walking away and scratching their heads. It's like this, "What did he just say?" Or, this it's like this, "This boy fell backwards this morning at the breakfast table and hit his head, cus' he's got screws lose."

Honestly, I wrote it for fun. I've never been able to get that aluminum skull cap to work.

It Comes Down To One Thing
In the end when all the "Weight Watch Wizards," all the "Weight Loss Gurus," all the geniuses behind the weight loss movements finally face the truth, it will come down to one thing: "Eat Less Food."

You'll have to have less food.
You'll have to cut that hamburger in half.
You'll have to cut down on those French Fries.
You'll have to have half of that cupcake.
You'll have to eat less candy.
You'll have to pay attention to everything that you eat.
You'll have to pay attention to that corn syrup laden orange juice.
You'll have to pay attention to how many sugar filled Coca-Cola's you drink in a day.
You'll have to struggle with those monsters that nag you.
You'll have to deal with the "Neurotic Monster."
You'll have to deal with the "Hunger Monster."
You'll have to deal with the "Wounded Feelings Monster."
You'll have to deal with all this.

It's not easy to deal with. It's not easy to fight these things in self.
It's not easy to lose weight.


Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I'm sure it feels great to maintain your weight and eat, as in not go hungry...it's probably good you are doing the maintenance thing right now....if you are careful you will never regain the weight you lost...and you can continue to eat most everything if you keep it reasonable....

That movie with Mel Gibson is called "Signs"....it is one of my favorite movies...the point the movie makes is that everything happens for a reason....it all comes together in the last few minutes of the movie...it is about aliens too, so keeps you on the edge of your seat, but it's also funny...Joaquin Phoenix is also in it,.... plays Mel Gibson's brother or brother in law....Gibson's character's wife has died leaving him with 2 children....it's about the 4 of them dealing with aliens...the Indian guy M. Night Shyamalan wrote and produced it.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah, I will be sure to find the movie and watch it...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...