Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy With The Weight Right Now

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.6-pounds.

This makes me very happy. It's now been about 1 1/2 weeks since I decided to go into maintenance mode. I pushed the calorie count up to around 2,000 calories a day.
I have actually been more than that on some days. Yet, even with this higher calorie consumption I am still very close to the 180-pounds target range. I am ecstatic about this.

I am still weighing myself everyday. I still keep my food log. I still try to figure out how many calories are in what I am eating. For example: On Saturday some kids I was with gave me a very large cupcake to take home. Any ordinary person would have consumed this giant cupcake right there on the spot. I guarded the cupcake carefully and managed to get it home without smashing it or dumping it onto the ground, then it would have been ruined.

I put the cupcake in a food storage bag and stored it in the refrigerator over night. Then I put on my aluminum hat because I know the aliens probably tampered with this delicious looking chocolate cake. (You'll have to read one of my blog posts from a few days ago to get the foil hat thing.)

Well, the next day I was curious to see how many calories were in this over sized cupcake. I put it up onto my Magical-Kitchen-Scale and then punched in the code for a chocolate frosted cake. The digits ticked up to 630 calories. Whew...

That would be a lot of calories to consume in one sitting. Yet, how many Americans will consume something like this, and not give it a second thought? With food like this is it any wonder why children are getting obese at such an early age? Look what they are eating.

I ate half the cupcake yesterday, and then half of it today. Still half of the cupcake was 315 calories. This is about how many calories are in one regular cupcake. Remember this the next time you get ready to eat one of those home made cupcakes from the local bake-sale-fund-raising-event.

This weekend I had a couple days where I blew past 2,000 calories. I haven't made any adjustments in my eating to compensate for this. We'll see if I can maintain my weight close to 180-pounds over the next month.

When I am stable, and comfortable again with my eating, then I will push again for the 160-pounds target.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...