Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Hotel Was Serving Up Nothing But Carbohydrate Filled Foods

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.2-pounds.

I gave a warning last night in a second post that I would see the extra poundage.

This is because last night I had a steak and baked potato in the evening. Hey, I was treated.

This morning in the hotel lobby a continental breakfast was served. There wasn't a meat product to be found. All the available food was carbohydrate food.

Here is the problem with that. Let's just say someone was to make an effort to live on this kind of diet, he/she would be finding themselves short of protein which is necessary for normal body function.

It's not what I would consider a real healthy way to eat over the long term. But, it's cheap for the hotel to put out this kind of food. It's easy to handle, and there isn't a lot of spoilage which reduces costs. So for the hotel it's a good deal. For their customers, it's a bad deal.

It doesn't matter really. Fifty percent to the people out there are overweight. Half the girls at breakfast were fat. I sat with a woman in front of me at her table eating. She was as round as a beach ball. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

I can preach until I am blue in the face: "Eat Less Food." Most people will ignore that advise.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...