Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Wish That I Could Eat Sticky Cinnamon Buns All Of The Time

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.2-pounds.
I am happy with this.

I didn't think that I was going to be at this weight this morning. Last night I had a late meal at around 8:00 PM. I fried up six slivers of chicken breast in my WOK with some oil. Then I tossed in one can of green beans, a cup of frozen snow peas, a 1/4 cup of sherry wine. I sprinkled on ginger, garlic salt, pepper, and salt. I made this mush mash of food, and ate the whole mess.
It was so good.

Having eaten that, I thought sure I would see that poundage of food on me this morning hovering over that 180-target by about a pound or so. I was surprised this morning when I weighed what I did.

Earlier I ruined the other pieces of chicken because they were frying, I forgot them because I was talking to some woman that I hadn't seen for a while. Out the window went the chicken; I threw it away. Maybe some raccoon, or skunk found it and had it for a meal. I realized again, I am so flaky at times. Arg...

I Was Told That I Am Disappearing
Some lady from church saw me and commented that I am disappearing. I told her that I am still around 180-pounds, which is the same I was the last time she saw me.

Maybe, I thought, that my body is repositioning itself. Perhaps there is a transition of muscle vs. fat shifting around. I don't know. I still have this fat hanging over the tummy. It's not like it was, but it's there.

I do make an effort to suck my stomach in. I do exercises where I stand straight against the wall. I push my back, head and shoulders against the wall. I then start breathing heavy and pull my stomach in as tight as I can. At the same time I pull in the muscles in my fanny. I try to tighten everything that I can all at once. Then I hold that for as long as I can physically stand it.

This may explain why I look thinner than I am. I make myself dizzy doing that. I am a dizzy enough individual as it is. I scare myself... Oh, I make myself laugh.

I Wish I Could Eat Cinnamon Buns All Of The Time
I am like anyone else, I like sweet tasty foods. I love ginger bread cookies, and ginger bread graham crackers. When Christmas comes around, I can't wait to buy a box of the ginger bread men made by Nabisco. These are seasonal items.

I also love to eat Sticky Cinnamon Buns. This morning I made myself breakfast. I ate some bacon strips, and made a three egg omelet with mozzarella cheese. As I was consuming this, I thought to myself, "I wish I were eating a big sticky cinnamon bun." Yes, I would rather have a cinnamon bun.

Yes, it's hard to keep eating the right foods, especially when the alternatives taste so much better. I am just like you. Why should I eat the good foods, when that junk food tastes so much better?

Everyday, I could consume the potato chips, and the Frito's, along with my sandwich. The only problem is this food is not nutritionally helpful. It's just fast food in a cellophane bag. Read the label. There isn't anything nutritionally helpful in a Frito.
Oh, they taste so good.

Everything in moderation because it all adds up. I am not writing you can't have Frito's. I am not writing you can't have a cookie. But, like everything else, those calories add up.

I was talking to a friend on the telephone yesterday and found that he agreed with me. His thoughts about obesity is that we nickel and dime ourselves into obesity. We eat a piece of candy here, and a fistful of potato chips there. Then the next thing we know, it's "up, up, and away, like a not so beautiful balloon."

Caution, Thought, Weariness, is how we should approach our food consumption. I don't like it either. It's not fun in some ways.

The results are well worth the effort. It's simply amazing how many people have noticed that my body has changed so dramatically.

The greatest change is in HOW I FEEL. This has made all the difference in the world. When you feel better then it makes a difference in the way life looks.

I am not writing that everything will come up like sweet roses when you lose weight. NO, you'll have to put up with all the things you did before. However, with that extra weight loss comes a little bit more energy. That extra energy makes all the difference when facing the torrents of life.

You'll extend your life. Yes, as you lose weight, then the body unloads a lot of unnecessary stress. This will help prolong your life. Isn't that worth it?

Think of it this way: You may think well what good am I making? Well, who is dependent on you? Is your husband used to you getting up and doing what you normally do? Is your wife dependant on the things you do for her, and for the family? Do you have children that you gave life to? Now, you want to rob them of the hope you gave them when they were born?
You gave life to the children, now you want to quit and die?

I don't know. But, if you keep piling in the food, and you keep adding on those pounds, then you are slowly killing yourself. God, doesn't want you killing yourself with a gun, or stepping in front of a train, and he doesn't want you killing yourself by overeating, and then getting fat.

I have to fight the little devils in my life each day. By the Grace Of God, I am still alive. Perhaps, I can help you, to get up the will to fight "The Battle Of The Bulge."

My Mantra is "Eat Less Food." "Eat Less Food." "Eat Less Food."

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...