Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You Won't Lose Weight Until You Face The Truth, And Then Do It

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at ????
Again I don't have my scale with me.

If you will notice lately, I haven't been adding much commentary to this blog lately.
One reason is because I haven't had access to a computer.
The second reason is, I am out of ideas.

I wandered around on the Internet and I have seen all of these blogs, and Internet Pages.

I have wondered what I can contribute. Everyone out there has said just about everything that I could say.
Go open some of the links that are listed on the side of this blog. These folks are full of ideas.

I am really just a voice. I am just as many words scribbled onto a page somewhere in a computer. What does it really matter what I have to say and write? I think that I have written just about all that I can write. I think that I have said just about all that I can say.

I am at a family members house. She has some women here that are cleaning the place up, and doing things that she can't do anymore. It stinks getting old.

The one girl was talking about her Weight Watchers. I asked this woman what her goal was. She didn't give to me a straight answer. She said well I have been on weight watchers for three weeks now. The first week didn't count. Then she said that she has been at it for two weeks. Then she said I have lost five pounds.

Great, after all that I got the answer. Then I asked about calories. She said oh no "WE" go by points. Zeke Hale, Zeke Hale, Zeke Hale, ya voe heir commander!

Wait a minute? "WE" who's we? What do they do to you guys at those meetings? Is there some sort of subliminal tape playing in the background? I am serious here.

What is the matter with people these days that they don't have the stomach to think for themselves. It's the "WE" mentality everywhere I go.

I got news for you: Get a little closer to the computer. Are you ready? Idiot, it doesn't matter how many fat grams, or carbohydrates, or points you are eating if you keep stuffing your face.

Great the masters of Weight Watchers sent to you a little book that tells you how many points there are at the buffet table. Great the pages are full of politically correct pages of white people, black people, and Chinese all sitting around eating.

I am looking at the "Eating Out Companion Guide" where is the calories in this thing?

Here is what is upsetting the living day lights out me about Weight Watchers. They are changing the system for counting calories into a points system. They have figured out how to permeate the already established system and now things are turning to points. And the people who are fat, and stupid are buying the garbage. I wrote fat, and stupid.

I lost weight by cutting back on my portion sizes. I lost weight by counting the calories consumed over a set time period. That's that.

No, you pin heads at the Weight Watchers had to turn everything upside down. And I write this because when I talk to these folks they can't figure out ultimately the weight came off because they quit eating so damned much food. That's it.

I don't see Weight Watchers telling the one truth in the whole picture: If you are going to lose weight, you are going to be HUNGRY, HUNGRY, HUNGRY. That's that.

Get it straight: you're fat because you eat too much food. You eat chocolate when people aren't looking. You snack on stuff when the TV is on. You eat when you shouldn't eat. You do stuff that promotes getting fatter like consuming way to much sugary foods. You stimulate your appetite with dull stinking fat free foods, and then you wonder why you can't lose weight.

It's your fault you are fat. It's your fault you're fat. It's you bozo. You did it to you. NO one, did it to you. You stuffed your face. You kept eating. You didn't watch what you were doing. I don't care about your excuses. I don't care if the boss got on your butt today. He didn't stuff a twelve inch sub sandwich into your mouth.

No body made you eat all that food. You ate it yourself. Now, you think you have a magic formula to lose all that weight.

It will come down to one thing: "Eat Less Food."

Finally, I had written a long commentary. I lost half of it somewhere.

I am going to finish with this thought: It doesn't matter if you join Weight Watchers, Fat Busters, Food Fanatics Anonymous, Take Off Pounds Clubs, or read my dribble on the Internet, if you aren't serious about taking the right course of actions.

If you don't develop the heart and mind to lose the weight, and then keep it off the rest of your life, then you are just wasting your precious money, and time.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

8 comments:

Dottie said...

Hey - you forgot to end this post with "That's the way it is... I'm David Dane." I appreciate your way with words. So while you may feel you don't have much to say that others aren't already saying... its the way the words are said. I myself recently wrote that our weight is the fault of man/ourselves. Thanks for this post and all the others I've been able to read. Have a good day!

David Dane said...

Hi dottie, I hadn't finished up yet on my commentary. I was finishing it when you clicked in on my production time.

Kathy Glass said...

Hey, no, WE have a point system too, and it works like this...assign one point per calorie...currently I am allowed to have 1400-1500 of these "points" per day. Those nice manufacturers even write down how many of my, I mean OUR points are in there.

And by the way, David, do not worry about running out of things to say. I have been reading your post for months and months - lurking in the shadows, hehehe - and I like the constant drum beat. One thing I do miss is that you used to write down what you ate and the portion sizes, you may try that when the muse escapes you...Okay back to the shadows for me.

Keep up the good work and thanks for motivating us.

David Dane said...

The old radio show used to have the orator come on and say "The shadow knows." So out of the shadows has come someone who commented on what I have been doing. Great, thanks khaki....

Andrew is getting fit said...

Hi David,

I like how you keep saying the same thing!

EAT LESS!

Cheers,

Andrew

Dinahsoar said...

See...you are helping many....I agree..we need the message "eat less food"...you are sort of like John the Baptist in the Bible, who was called a "voice in the wilderness"...he had just one message and that was "repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand"---he was preparing the way for Jesus...

So, you may have just one message,but it is an important message and we need to hear it...

David Dane said...

Thanks dottie, dinah, khaki, ebswan, for looking in and commenting. I truly hope this does help someone.

a portland granny said...

Right on with the counting calories!! I waited until I was approaching 70 before getting off my weight. I've kept it off for 5 + years. I need to lose 40 more and I am struggling to get started on that, but I am going to do it. I totally hear everything you are saying about lo carbs, no carbs, lo fat, etc. etc. etc. I just cut my portions and I need to get with it and do that again.

When I keep a food diary, I LOSE weight!

You mentioned getting old was terrible--I'm enjoying this part of my life so much. I'm stiff, ache, etc., but am a firm believer that we are where we are, so we better make the most out of it. I, too, have a group of ladies that clean my house, a gardening service that keeps my yard looking wonderful, and instead of lamenting that I have to use these services, I rejoice that I can afford them and have the enjoyment of a beautifully kept home and yard.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...