Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's Hard To Regulate Eating On The Road

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.4-pounds.
That's up over the record, and it's down from yesterday.

When I am out on the road it's not easy to regulate my diet. It's hard because I have only the options of fast food, or bring my own. Since I have no refrigeration, I am left bringing foods that will not perish over a three or four days of time.

In this case, I made hard boiled eggs, some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and granola bars. I really am trying to avoid buying food out on the road.

I have to switch over to my other blog for now. My time is limited today. If I can expand later, then I will.

Part Two Of Today's Thoughts
Over the last three days I have been in and out of my hotel room down here in Springfield, IL. I had a television in my room and I clicked it on to find something that might be interesting to watch.

As I clicked through the television channels, I found many infomercials. The commercials that grabbed my attention the most were three different commercials, produced by three different fitness gurus.

Two of the guys were tall and fit. They were very lean, and they were rippling with muscles. One of the guys was shorter than even the fitness women that appeared with him in his infomercial. All three of these guys were well built and claimed they went from looking like me, fat and dumpy, to being lean and loaded with muscles. They did it all in 90 days. Whew.... I wish....

All of these guys were showing how they have developed fitness routines that are designed to blast away the fat, then build that muscle, and make anyone into a mean, lean, fitness machine.

One guy said that in 90 days you'll be fitter than you have ever been. His routine promised to show you how to trick your muscles so they will fatique out and build like self building concrete on a wall. You'll lose weight, and you'll be fit, just buy my 20 CD's here and I will show you how.

How about I just trick my muscles into lifting this Vodka Martini here to my mouth?

All of the fitness gurus promised that if you'll purchase their program, you'll look like them and their models. Ummm... Yeah...

Well, first of all; like everything that's made with video, it will eventually end up on You Tube, My Space, or Google Video. So, I think I will wait for your videos to show up there. I may have to wait a month for the whole set to eventually be found there, but then I won't be out 200 bucks.
And, I won't have another DVD set that will be sitting around with all of my VHS tape videos that I purchased years before that now sit around collecting dust.

I, like many other sleps out there, have to find the time and space to do my workouts, like jumping up and down, and lifting weights that I don't have. And, I am not so sure the neighbors living below me would appreciate me banging on the floor no matter what time of the day it is.

My neighbor above me thinks she can tread mill and lift weights at 6:00 in the morning. I am very tempted to contact an attorney.

I already know that buying a membership at a gym will be a waste of money because I don't have a work schedule that I can even predict. No one else does either these days.

Let's just say I purchased your program, who can I get to exercise with me that will spurn me on like those hot little fem bots that are jumping around jiggling their jingglies (you know them things that flop up and down) with you oh fitness master?

I think if could even buy your program, I might, like all of the rest of America out there, find the ambition to use if maybe once. I might use it twice. Then it will end up stuffed in the back of my TV cabinet with the rest of the unused exercise videos that I purchased.

I want to know something, on your videos you never mentioned what kind of diet am I going to be consuming? Am I going to have to give up my usual breakfast fare of donuts and coffee? Will I have to forfeit my Sunday brunch with the people from church? You know what I mean: That's where we all go to the buffet and stuff ourselves like hogs going to the slaughter.

Surely Mr. Fitness Guru you aren't implying that I will be able to continue to stuff myself day in and day out with what ever catches my eye?

And how much sweat will I have to sweat anyway? For how long did you say, 90 days, and that's it? Then I can go put on my speedo suit and go to the beach?

I don't know if I can afford to sweat that much. Nope, I don't think I can give up my cinammon buns, my McDonald's Chocolate Shakes, and my daily bag of candy. Nope, I think I'll have to pass Mr. Fitness Guru.

Thanks for the offer. You sure look good. Those little fem-bots that excercise with you look even better.

I think I will keep my money. I know that in the end, I will eventually have to do something that I really don't want to do. Yep, in order for all those muscles to look cut, I will have to give up something that is so precious to me: Food. I don't know if I can do that.

I know that somewhere hidden in your wonderful video you are going to talk about diet.
You are going to tell me to "Eat Less Food." I know that's what's coming.

I don't want to.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Yes..they just want our money....it is best for us to figure out what will work with our life and schedule...all that money is better spent on a food scale or body weight scale.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah. I want to see them in twenty years.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...