Monday, March 17, 2008

If You Are Overweight, So What If You Take Fish Oil?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto that Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179-pounds.
That's not bad.

I am still up over my record. But, I am back down under 180-pounds.
This after having eaten so well yeasterday morning. By 9:00 in the morning I had blown past my 2,000 calories for the day. I was given some hotel coupons by a friend and I used them to buy breakfast. I stuffed myself. Oink... Oink...

As a result of consuming so much food, I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day. Oh, I had a couple glasses of wine when I got home last night. Then I went to bed. I was wiped out.

Fat Ladies Boasting About Eating So Healthy
Yesterday I was sitting at the computer in the business office area of the hotel. Outside of the door stood two large round ladies. These chicks were round. One of them was boasting to the other about how healthy she eats. She was telling her friend that she takes fish oil, and vitamins, and all kinds of supplements. The other said, "Yeah I gotta start doin' that too."

Now, any of you who have been reading my blog for mental nourishment over the last year pretty much know how I would have responded in the middle of that conversation. (Oh I make myself laugh: Mental Nourishment.)

Me: "Uh huh, I can tell lady you are eating real healthy there."
Me: "In fact I can tell you are eating real healthy there for everyone else in your family too."
Me: "I can tell that fish oil is doing you so much good girl."
Me: "Look how smooth and silky your skin is."
Me: "I can tell those vitamins are making you so fit."
Me: "Oh come on girl, where is your sister? She is in those bluejeans with you isn't she?"

I could go on with that dialog. You know what I am getting at. What difference does it make if you take vitamins, but you are round like a beachball?

I took vitamins regularly for years. Maybe, maybe they helped me prevent cancer, and gave me some missing nutrients. They won't help you get fit if you keep eating and getting fatter.

You can swallow a whole bottle of fish oil. If you don't keep down that food consumption, you will still get fat. Getting fat is a serious problem for the heart, and all those surrounding tissues.

In the end, it comes down to one thing: "Eat Less Food."

Well, Mr. Dane, you let yourself get fat. No, I didn't do it on purpose. I was searching for an answer. I am searching for an answer still. I still want to improve more.

If you are going to lose weight; you will have to "Eat Less Food."

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...