Sunday, July 22, 2007

American Companies And Investors Celebrate You Being Fat

Hello weight losing fans...

This is my second post for today.

As I was coming over to a family members house I was listening to the stock report on the radio. It was Forbes Magazine on the radio.

The host and his guest were talking about companies that are exploiting the trends in America today. One of the trends is the obesity epidemic today in America. According to statics over 50 percent of Americans are overweight. Over seven million Americans are considered obese. They suffer with 100 or more pounds over a normal body weight.

One company that banks on the obesity epidemic and is reported to be making record profits is NutriSystem Company.

The NutriSystem sells over priced bland food products that their clients swear by. The idea behind NutriSystem is that if someone follows the system, he/she will lose weight. I ran into a man that swears by this system. He claimed that he lost almost twenty pounds using Nutisytem.

I am not bothered by the idea that a company like NutriSystem is helping people lose weight. I am bothered by two things that this company exploits. One: They rely on people's ignorance about food portioning and calorie reduction. Two: They make money when people fail the NutriSystem.

Yes they make money when people start and stop the NutriSystem. They sell all kinds of products that are supposed to systematize the weight loss process. This NutriSystem includes food products that are portioned.

The quest speaker on the radio show mentioned that NutriSystem and weight loss companies like this make money from people and their lack of discipline.

I think this is a terrible problem. If what I heard is true then the very same companies that claim to be there to help people lose weight have an incentive to build in a system to fail. This is because they make money when people pay huge up front costs and fees.

I don't claim to know all about NutriSytem. But I know what I heard. I heard NutriSystem is making record profits. And that NutriSytem is the darling of the obesity investment sector.

Let me save you some money. Let me tell you how I lost a lot of weight. I initially found Lean Cuisines on sale at a local discount store. They were less than half what they can be found for now. I purchased a whole freezer full.

I ate Lean Cuisines morning, noon and night for as long as they lasted. With just that I lost nine pounds.

Soon after that I purchased TV dinners for less than the Lean Cuisines. I ate those morning, noon, and night. I lost another nine pounds.

After that I experimented with calorie counting and found that 1,500 calories was my magic number.

Since that time I have officially lost 50 pounds. This is how I did it.

I didn't by some expensive system of food. I don't pay a monthly fee to go to a weight club. I don't have someone that I can call on the telephone that I can get counseling from.

I by the Grace Of God did it with my own wit and will power. You can too!
Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...