Tuesday, July 3, 2007

That Damage Was Minimized: I Am In The Zone And Under 195-Pounds

Well weight losing fans. Oh, and I just lost one. I'm back and writing about my progress. Yippie Skiddly Do.
Hey, I stepped onto the scale this morning weighing in at (Are you ready?) 210-pounds.
No, I am just kidding there, I weighed this morning 203.6-pounds.

Apparently my over consumption of food, wine, and song had not caught me. Oh if I kept at it I would see a persistent weight gain. I probably would be down to 192 if I hadn't eaten last night when I came home from work. Last night I got off work and weighed in at 194.2-pounds.

If I had skipped eating then I know I would have been below 193-pounds today. But, I am telling people don't skip meals, and don't fast to lose weight. Let the natural course of things work in your favor.

Correction About My Weight At The Doctor's Office
Yesterday I blogged that I was 198 pounds at the doctor's office. Well, I am correcting that 198-pounds to 196-pounds.
Here is why; I usually weigh myself without my clothing on. She weighed me with clothing on. I weighed the clothes today and found with the clothing I had it was an additional three pounds. I thought my clothing weighed less than it did. Here is my point, I weighed 196-pounds.

Last year when I was weighed they weighed me at 238 pounds. I showed a significant weight reduction from last year.

My blood pressure dropped way down from last year. My heart rate came down 20 points from last year. This with just losing weight by reducing food portions by calorie counting.

My Friend And I Were Talking About Why People Over Eat
I have a real good friend who likes to check in on my blog from time to time. He is responsible for me doing this blogging thing. Thanks...

He and I were discussing why people over eat. He told me an interesting phrase that he and his wife have, "My mouth is bored." I think that's so cute. It could explain a lot about many people.

He was telling me that it's an issue of trying to figure out what to eat just because he/she wants to eat something. It may not necessarily be because he/she is hungry.

If this were true for me, I would lose weight very easily. I eat because I am hungry. I nibble because I am trying to cut hunger. (Maybe I have a tapeworm...) I consume beverages because I have a thirst, and I usually go for something that is sweet. That I could say is for a different reason than just being hungry.

I could be honest and say I drink the beer and wine because I like that little buzz I get from it. Not only that, but a glass of wine usually knocks me out.

You critics out there don't have my insane work schedule so spare me the judgementalism here. I have days when I have to be up at 2:00 in the morning when most people are tucked away in bed. Then I have days when I am out until 2:00 in the morning and back at work eight hours later. I don't live a normal life.

Talk about helping to add disfunctionality to a regular eating schedule, my work schedule is the pits.

Am I asking you to give me a pitty party? NO! I don't want your pity. If you have a better job to offer maybe I'll take it.

Our Reasons For Over Eating
Some friend of mine got highly offended when I wrote something in my blog a few days ago.
This friend gave me a list of reasons people over eat. I have addressed similar issues in my past postings on this blog.


Let's go through the list:

  • Boredom: someone who eats because he/she is bored.
  • Lonely: someone who eats because he/she is lonely.
  • Angry: someone who eats because he/she is angry, and angry, and angry. OK!
  • Frustrated: someone who eats because he/she is frustrated.
  • Sinful: someone who eats because he/she is a glutton. (How do you like that one?)
    I am going to add to this one, how about just selfish and self centered glutton.
  • Ignorant: someone who doesn't know what he/she is doing.
  • Lazy: someone who doesn't care what he/she is doing.
  • Belligerent: Someone who is deliberately destroying himself/herself.
  • Defiant: Someone who is being deliberately disobedient.
  • Mentally Disabled: Someone who hasn't got the mental capacity to make sound judgements. These are the people who have to have someone feed them.

Have I missed any reasons for over eating? Should I send up some black balloons? 99 Black balloons... What sarcasm?

What ever the reason is that I was preponderant, (fat, over weight, chubby, obese, etc.) I had to quit and get straight about my problem. I was over weight. I had to get that weight off.

Here Is Your Reality Check
My one friend says he's over eating because he's bored. OK...
He has a really good solution for his over eating. He runs his little legs off. (Pitter Patter, Pitter Patter...)
He actually exercises by running so much his body is displacing fat. He's burning off that fat.
It's great. I used to do a similar thing in the U.S. Army.
And because I was in the U.S. Army Reserves for a long time, I ran for many years.

Now, I don't have that luxury. My work schedule is terrible. I am out away from home most of the time. I blog at local libraries all over the country. I find a library in the town I am in and use their Internet. That's how I post many of my blogs.

My body is falling apart. Well, it feels like it is. I have a problem with my knee and my hip joint. I am not able to run like I used to. I do walk. But, then I have to pop those Tylenol, or some other pain reliever.

My friend has a distinct advantage there. And, I am sure if I could run like the little whirl wind he is, I would be better off. At this time I am not able to.

So, what is my solution? I EAT LESS FOOD!

What ever the reason is that you are preponderant you have to get it fixed. If you don't you will suffer for it like have.

I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist, physician, or a nutritionist. I don't have a handle on your life. You have a handle on your life, and you are the one living inside that skin of yours. Not me.

You are the one (if you have read this far) who has to get that weight off if you have a problem.

This blog is there to encourage you. I can't fix you. I do have my thoughts, and so far I have a couple people who don't appreciate those thoughts. OK...

So You Have Your Reason For Over Eating
OK, you have done your mental self diagnosis. You figured out why you over eat. In my case I was hungry. I am hungry now.

You have set your target weight. Now, you are determined to fix that mental, emotional problem. Let's say you eat just because you are bored. Oh, I am so bored.

What's the solution? What are you going to have to do? EAT LESS FOOD.

With that reduction in food consumption there is going to be a new problem. It's called, "I am hungry." Yes, it's that gnawing little feeling when the body is saying, "Feed me Seymour." (That's a little reference to, "Little House of Horrors.")

You are going to get, "Rumbly in your Tumbly." Yes you are.

You'll be sitting at work and food will pop into your head. There will be that subtle feeling of emptiness that starts you thinking about heading to the cafeteria, or makes you pull out that brown bag with the sandwich in it.

You are going to have to become self aware and self conscious about the food that you are eating. I hate it. I would rather just eat and eat to my little hearts content.

That's right. You are now going to have to become fixated on the challenge to lose weight. It's an all consuming thought process. I kid you not it is.

Here is why. In America we have developed the habit of feeding ourselves anytime, anywhere we feel like it. We eat at the gas station, we eat in the train, we eat on an airplane. We eat, and we eat, and we eat. Then we get fat.

Am I so far off here? I don't think so. Those old habits have to get broken. It takes changing the behavior that made those habits. This behavior change consumes our thoughts.

This girl who's blog I read is in the "Battle of The Bulge." She has her reasons for over eating. Here is one. She likes sweets. We all like sweets. We like snacks, and sweets, and food. We like how it tastes. So we eat, eat, and eat. Then we blow up like balloons, get high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, bad joints, and can't put on our clothes.

Please don't get all bent out of shape because what I wrote here or anywhere hit a bad chord with you.

I hate the "Battle Of The Bulge."

Maybe I should blow 200 dollars a year in some club and buy expensive food that has pixy dust sprinkled on it. Maybe I should call my friends and say save me from my terrible evil self that can't get the fat off here. Maybe I should...

Or, I can go to the public library and see the hundreds of dieting books on the shelves. I could save myself some money and read those books to get some idea about what to do.

In the end it comes down to one thing, and one thing only: EAT LESS FOOD.

I'm fat and You're fat because we eat more than we need to survive. That's the bottom line. Now, you can also eat smarter by avoiding all that sugar, and starch. But some days ya just gotta break the bank. I do. I love it when I do.

Bye for now...

_________________________________________________________

Today I ate so far:

  • Chocolate Protein Drink (160 calories)
  • Two Eggs (140 calories)
  • Coffee-black (0 calories)
  • Plain Yogurt (110 calories)
  • Milk-whole white (150 calories)

__________________________________________________________

Yesterday which was Monday I ate:

  • Oatmeal-Two Maple (320 calories)
  • Plain Yogurt (110 calories)
  • Milk-Two Eight Ounce Glasses (300 calories)
  • Eggs-Two (140 calories)
  • Slim Fast Shake (190 calories)
  • Total calories 1,060

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

I'm glad I found this Blog. This is the first post I've read and it made me laugh out loud. Good writing.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...