Saturday, July 7, 2007

Weight Losing Is Knowing When Not To Panic

Hello weight losing fans. Yes, hello to all one of you. I had more fans but someone is upset with me. Now I have a new one. I might have two now.

Well, I weighed in this morning at 3:15 at 197-pounds. Well, come on what's wrong David?
I am not panicing here. Last night when I got off work I was 194.2 pounds.

I went to work again this morning. (Yep I have a crazy schedule.) When I got home I weighed 196.4 pounds.

Well, why is there such a big difference? What happened. Last night I got off work, weighed myself and then ate a can of clam chowder soup. That was 360 calories. The can of food weighed about one pound. I also had a lot of fluid like water, and sugar less soda.

Here is my conclusion all this extra weight is food that had not made it's exit yet. That's all.

Just remember something; I am not in some sort of race here to get off those unwanted pounds. I decided to eat last night because I was hungry and I had lots of calories to spare from my 1,500 calorie count. I came in yesterday under 1,500 calories. And the day before I came in just over 1,500 calories.

I tell people don't skip meals. I could have not eaten last night. I would have deprived myself of needed food. So what if I see a pound or two more? I am not killing myself to shed those pounds.
I don't encourage anyone to skip meals and fast to get off the weight.

I am not able to finish my post on this blog right now. Maybe when I get to where I am going I will add my thoughts if I can get to a computer that is connected to the Internet.

Bye for now...

1 comment:

A said...

"I am not in some sort of race here to get off those unwanted pounds."

Well said. That's my thought as well. I have much less to lose, and have lost only a few pounds. If I worried about the race to lose weight, I would lose perspective: to be healthy.

In my case, I have lost more fat than it seems. My muscle tone is increasing, and muscle is replacing some fat. My weight remains close to where it was 1.5 months ago, but I know I am in better shape.

Do the right things, and things will right themselves. I am exercising, and know my weight will drop when it ready to drop.

From running, I am burning around 2250 calories a week (about 20 miles run). Am I losing weight? My appetite has increased, so the impact of losing 2250 is offset by eating 1000 calories more a week. The result is 1250 calories, not 2250. However, like you, I'm not in a race to lose the weight. ure, sure, I wish it was gone, but at what cost?

The more I think about it, even though I only want to lose 10 more lbs, it might take until next March. So what? How many people now will give up and weight the same or more next March? Not me, I hope. I'm on the right track. It might not be the fastest track, but it will get me there if I stay on it. You too.

As I read your blog, and see all the ups and downs, I also see the progress you've made (the chart on the right is great!). It has taken you time, and yet, when you compare when you started to today, wow!

Keep on truckin'

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...