Sunday, July 8, 2007

Well, I quess I Am Full Of It...

What is 5 foot 10 inches, has blue eyes, and is now 191.2-pounds? Yep, it's ME!

Hello weight losing fans. Are you surprised?
I was and delighted too.

I stepped onto the scale and did a double take. It was surrealistic to see those digits on my scale tick down to 191.2-pounds.

I Was Full Of It...
Yesterday I posted that I wasn't going to panic because I stepped onto the scale weighing in at 197-pounds.

Well, how did I suddenly drop almost six pounds?

I went to the bathroom that's all.

Yep, I was full of it. Six pounds of it.

Believe it or not, I had been eating pretty well since July 3 of 2007. I certainly haven't been starving myself to death. And, I wasn't DEPRIVING myself. I had some tasty treats along the way.

In fact someone served me a stack of pancakes and two strips of bacon at 10 O'clock at night on July 4, 2007.

So, am I magical? NO, I just stick to the program. I eat around 1,500 calories a day. That's about all I do. On some days I go up a little higher. Then on some day's I come in a little lower.
It all averages out to about 1,500 calories a day over the week.

Dealing With Those Cravings
When a can of frosting shouldn't do, eat some honey. Yep it's God's natures way of curbing the appetite.

I'm serious here. When I know for sure that I am going out to eat, I hunt down that bottle of honey and eat a teaspoonful. It's 30 calories of pure energy and it's certainly better than sugar.
Eating honey spikes up the sugar level in the blood.

If you are a type-one diabetic, I do recommend serious caution with that advice.

One of the things that many people are looking for when they eat is that full feeling. That full feeling comes when the body has a sufficient amount of food in it to press out the stomach. It also happens when the sugar level is sufficiently high and the body no longer seeks another source of energy, thus the full feeling.

Now, for many people that full feeling comes way too far after the amount of food consumed that is sufficient to sustain life. I know for myself, in the past I could easily pack away two plates of food at a buffet. (Oh, and I still can)

That's just too much food.

If you are having cravings, then you need to think about what it is that is prompting those cravings. At night consider drinking a hot spice tea with a teaspoon of honey stirred in. Consider maybe two cups. That would be one tablespoon of honey for 60 calories.

Here is another alternative. Try eating a packet of instant oatmeal. What, eat instant oat meal late at night? Yes, eat late at night. What? That's dieting blasphemy.

Hey, with my work schedule I do it all of the time.

Get out your little food log and write down what you ate and that calorie count. If by chance you exceed your calories for the day consider cutting a little the next day. Maybe you won't have to.

Since July 2nd I have had many days that I zipped by my 1,500 calorie window. I was wondering if I would see a movement in the up direction that would last for many days, or weeks.

Here is another alternative, have some nice juicy fruit on hand and eat that. That sure beats eating some of the other stuff I have heard people eat late at night. For instance I wrote about my friend who ate four Hostess Cup Cakes while watching TV a few nights ago.

Phew, do want to talk about sugar addiction? She has it bad.

As for me, I like sweets too. I am like anyone else. However, I don't like the feeling I get when I eat too much sugar to quickly. It actually makes me feel yucky.
Besides I don't want to decimate my weight reduction progress. So, I make an effort to avoid them in large quantities.

You should too. They really don't help but add empty calories to your total intake for the day.

Hunger Never Goes Away
I have written this many times. I will write it again. If you are consuming less calories a day so that you can lose weight then you are going to feel hungry. You are going to get cravings. You have to figure out what to eat that won't wreck your diet that's all.

My hunger never completely goes away. I have moments where I will feel better after eating but in a matter of an hour or so I am back to feeling hungry. I do all sorts of things like eating huge amounts of vegetables, and meat, etc.

I still have to remain in that calorie window, or I won't lose weight. This may be some one's problem. He/she isn't used to being hungry. It takes getting used to.

I hate it. I truly hate it. I wish with all my heart that it wasn't this way. But, it is what it is. For you it may be the same.



Bye for now...

__________________________________________________________

Today so far I have consumed:



  • Oatmeal-one cup dry-two cups cooked (300 calories)
  • Maple Syrup-1/4 cup added in for flavor (210 calories)
  • Breaded Chicken-two patties (440 calories)
  • Milk-whole milk-eight ounces (150 calories)

_________________________________________________________

Saturday July 7, 2007 I consumed:

  • Eggs-four large (280 calories)
  • Chocolate Protein Shake (190 calories)
  • Breaded Chicken Patties-two (440 calories)
  • Milk-whole milk-more than eight ounces (200 calories)
  • Sausage-four one inch pieces (200 calories)
  • Steak-four bite size pieces (100 calories)
  • vegetables (100 calories)

_________________________________________________________

Friday July 6, 2007

  • Coffee (0 calories)
  • Eggs-four large (280 calories)
  • Slim fast bar (220 calories)
  • Slim fast shake (190 calories)
  • Subway sub sandwich-six inch cold cut (410 calories)
  • Clam Chowder Soup-one can (380 calories)

__________________________________________________________

Thursday July 5, 2007 I consumed:

  • Bacon Strips-four (160 calories)
  • Cookies-nine bite size (360 calories)
  • Pan Fried Catfish (400 calories)
  • Soup (200 calories)
  • Salad (100 calories)

__________________________________________________________

Wednesday July 4, 2007 I consumed:

  • McDonald's sausage patty
  • McDonald's Scrambled eggs
  • McDonald's Cheese Burger
  • Ritz Crackers-12 crackers
  • Potato Chips-large bag
  • Tostitos-large bag
  • Cheese from the can
  • Salsa
  • Chex Mix-three large fistfuls
  • Bacon-2 strips
  • Pancakes-four
  • Syrup

___________________________________________________________

Tusday July 3, 2007 I consumed:

  • Eggs-four hardboiled (280 calories)
  • Milk (150 calories)
  • Coffee (0 calories)
  • Plain Yogurt (110 calories)
  • Breaded Chicken Patties (440 calories)
  • Milk-two more glasses (300 calories)
  • Cheese Chunks (211 calories)
  • Apple (100 calories)
  • Chocholate Protein Drink (160 calories)

At night when I got to my cousins I ate:

  • Hamburger Patty (220 calories)
  • Hamburger Bun (110 calories)
  • Mosticolli with cheese (300 calories)
  • Rice (200 calories)
  • Deviled Eggs (70 calories)
  • German Chocolate Cake-1/6 part of the cake (600 calories)

All this was consumed in one day. Whew... It was very yummy

3 comments:

Stephany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ronaldo said...

Hello,

Congratulations on your progress. It's quite visible on the box to the right of your blog.

Just passing by.

Maxivendel said...

Hurray!!!

Keep up the good work, but don´t forgett to excersize. An hour of walking every day is a easy way of burning fat.

Still good 4 U.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...