Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Losing Weight Is An Act Of Will

Losing weight takes an act of our will power. With that will we must resolve to deny ourselves. We must resolve to battle with the God given nature to survive, and to seek personal comfort. We must learn to suffer when those around us won't suffer. We must learn to say no when those around us say yes. We must struggle and wrestle with our very will.
It is not an easy struggle. No and during many hours of the day our thoughts will be consumed with the struggle. But, for our very health, and better existence in the future we must resolve to struggle, to suffer, and to bend our will. We fight the "Battle Of The Bulge."


Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped onto the scale weighing in at 192.8-pounds.
Yesterday (Tuesday) I stepped onto the scale weighing in at 194.4-pounds.

I wasn't able to blog yesterday. I know my fans are hanging on my every written word. So I let you down. Sorry, I just couldn't get to the computer yesterday. I work way to much. No, I am not rich because of it.

Well, perhaps you are wondering why I wrote that in the opening of this post. It's because I want to encourage anyone who is like me who has to lose a tremendous amount of weight. I have officially lost 50-pounds since December of 2006. If you will look at my Driver's License on the side panel you will see where I was at.

It wasn't easy to get here to the weight that I am at now. I had to struggle with my will to get this far. I still wrestle with my will to continue on.

I have gone through all the mental anxiety that one goes through when he/she decides to deny oneself. I have had incredible hunger. It felt like cats scratching my insides. I have had the light headed dizzies when I get hungry. I have had the binges where I stuff myself. Have I missed anything.

Listen, I am just as nutty as the next person. I am just willing to admit it. Admitting that I have a problem is the beginning of the cure.

When we fail to see ourselves as we really are, (Oh I have my areas of denial still.) but being fat isn't one of them. Because we refuse to see ourselves we miss the chance to change. I don't know how to word this.

Yesterday I was talking with someone about all the fat people in this country now. The conclusion of the conversation was, "People don't care."
I imagine for many people this is true. Then for some people they just are ignorant. They don't know what to do.

I was one of the ignorant ones. Although some people consider me to be bright, I was ignorant about how to get this weight off and keep it off.
It took an "awakening" brought on by a shear disgust with the physical condition that I was in. I was OBESE. I was almost 100 pounds over where I should be.

When I woke up and really started searching for a lasting solution to my problem and prayed for wisdom from God, that's the day I got my answer. EAT LESS FOOD !

Then I got my resolve to get this fat off.

Bye for now....

1 comment:

Louise Dane said...

I just read your blog son. You must have been in a hurry because I know 192.8 is not your current weight. It more like 182 right! I am very proud of you. You are really looking good!!!!!
MOM

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...