Monday, July 23, 2007

Don't Do That Stomach Surgery

Good morning weight losing fans...

Today I did not have a chance to weigh on my digital scale. I am sure that I am probably hovering in around 193-pounds.

I didn't go overboard when I woke up yesterday afternoon.

I am sitting here this morning at a family members home drinking coffee and typing on the computer.

I remembered something else about that radio show I was listening to yesterday: Forbes Magazine on the radio.

Another big thing that is coming is STOMACH BYPASS surgery. The guest was talking about how it is virtually impossible for someone who is 100 pounds or more to lose weight. As a result more and more doctors are insisting on stomach bypass surgery as a solution.

THAT'S A STINKING LIE!

When I finish with my weight reduction and I reach my target I will have lost 90-pounds. That's only a difference of 10-pounds.

The only thing that stomach bypass surgery does is force someone to eat smaller meals. If that person doesn't then he/she spits up all over themselves like a baby with indigestion.

Someone who has had stomach bypass surgery must put together smaller portions of food. They can't eat a lot and should eat less food. The stomach is no longer able to hold large portions of food after this surgery.

Nothing is solved by bypass surgery that self discipline and determination can't fix by itself. I suffer with hunger. I deal with it.

I remember what it was like to be overweight. I remember how I suffered. It was hard to be overweight. And having lost so much weight is very freeing to me.

Anyway there are doctors and companies out there that are going to be pushing the stomach bypass surgery and offering stock holders big dollars to support it. There will be clinics opening that will advertise stomach bypass surgery.

Don't do it. Tell your friends not to do it. Don't do the stomach bypass surgery thing. You'll be sorry if you do. I kid you not.

Well then what is someone who is overweight to do?

EAT LESS FOOD. That's it. Eat smaller portions of food. You will lose weight.
Take honey for your hunger. Eat some flax seed oil off the tablespoon.

Keep a food record of everything that you consume that has calorie consequences.

Oh preponderant one be wise and help those who are like us. We suffer with being overweight.
Encourage those who are struggling.

Bye for now...

2 comments:

Jake Silver said...

Yeah I'm going to have to just get tough on myself and not eat at night. You asked why am I up so late... well, it's not that I stay up. I wake up after going to bed with an urge to feast, every single night. Last year right around this time I dealt with it and temporarily broke the habit and I got down to 147 or so. I'm moving to a more regular schedule now and I think that will help. But bottom line is, I have to be able to wake up at night and deal with the hunger... by drinking water or chewing gum or having tea or whatever. But certainly not sandwich after sandwich and tubs of ice cream!

David Dane said...

I have some very odd ideas about hunger. Perhaps you should try taking a tablespoon of honey before you sleep. That's 60 calories. Try an herbal tea with the honey in it. Or, try a bag Quacker Oats oatmeal before you retire. It's 170 calories. I wrestle with night hunger too. I have an extremely weird work schedule. It's crazy to say the least. Also, go get some lineonic acid oil. (I can't spell it right) lineonic acid stimulates the brown fat cells that sit below the skins surface. These are the good fatty cells. You are in the "battle of the bulge." You will have to build you resolve. Besides you will fight this battle for all the rest of your life. You and I both have the same problem. Many people do. You are willing to resolve the problem. You will be happier and healthier for it.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...