Friday, July 6, 2007

Losing Weight Is Becoming Contagious

This morning I weighed in at 196 pounds. Oops...Oh well...

I have a woman friend. I see her once in a blue moon. She is in her sixties and is a preponderant like me. (Don't forget: once a preponderant, always a preponderant.) Albeit she is a very pretty woman with silver hair. She has facial skin that would make any woman jealous. She has creamy smooth, clear facial skin. Her neckline and her shoulders are nice to. She's also a very classy dresser. She has class for sure.

Yet, she has this tummy. And since I have known her that little tummy has gotten a little bit bigger. She hadn't seen me in a while and was surprised to see how different I look now.
She also told me that I am a very good looking guy. Well, that's two woman complimenting me in a week here. Can I get any more?

Go ahead, say it. Come on, say it. Ladies you think that I am adorable. (Oh, no pictures to see me.) Well, then take my word for it. Oh, and a lot of good it's done me in the past. NOT!

Anyway, she finally lost that man I told her to chuck many months ago. She finally realized she was running around a tree with him and going no where very quickly.

Well, now that she has seen me, she says, "She feels inspired to lose weight." She wants to become presentable to some eligible man out there.

We were discussing her eating habits. Now, many months ago she told me that she doesn't eat very much. OK, what does that mean, "I don't eat that much?"
She doesn't eat that much of what?

Well, she told me what she eats. She told me that she ate a bag of cookies the other night while watching TV. Then she told me there was another night when she ate four Hostess Cupcakes.
Wow...

Hello, can you say worthless calories here? And so many of them as well. Oh my...

She also told me she doesn't eat breakfast. Well, don't expect to lose weight sensibly here dear. You are going at this the wrong way.

She like so many people skip breakfast. She doesn't eat until well into the afternoon. Then when she eats she goes for the food that just puts on those pounds; cup cakes and cookies.

I am truly surprised she has that pretty face, and isn't a type-two-diabetic.

My point of all this is that someone else has seen what I am doing and it has inspired an attempt at change. Please note I said an attempt at change.

Thinking about losing weight is a lot different than getting really serious about losing weight and then implementing behavior that brings about consistent weight loss.

There is an old saying that rings so true: "Talk is cheap."

Just because she says, or you say, that you are going to lose weight doesn't mean you will.

Just like so many people out there who make New Years Resolutions, losing weight is the same condition. It's so easy to say I will, but oh so hard to do what I will to do.

She has to find a stronger motive to get off those pounds than getting ready to display herself out on the dating market.

I had a list of reasons and the list is getting longer as I progress here. The benefits are really beginning to show in the way I feel. This alone has made it all worth it.

What other reasons can she think of? How about this one. She is taking medication for water retention. Her ankles swell because of it. Are there any ladies that will take my bet that if she sheds forty pounds, she will have less of a problem with that water retention?

She is on sleep medication. Hey, I sleep like a baby now, and when I wake up , most often, it is without a clock to scare me half witless in the wee hours of the morning.

I don't know what else is wrong with her physically, but I bet half the problems will go away if she sheds forty pounds.

How about you? What health problems are happening in your life because you wield around more pounds than you should? Isn't it high time you figure out how to fix the weight problem?

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...