Monday, July 9, 2007

Hello weight losing fans.

This morning I stepped onto the scale and weighed 191.8-pounds. That's up slightly from yesterday (0.6-pounds). I have a good explanation for it. It's just food from last night still waiting to make it's exit.

I am so happy that more people seem to be popping in on my blog and reading bits of it. I know because they leave comments behind.

It's my hope that someone who is really struggling with being over weight will read some of my blog and get some kind of encouragement from it. I am a real live person who fights "The Battle of The Bulge" everyday.

I am one of the preponderant ones. Maybe you are a preponderant one. This means you are tipping the scales.

Maybe your scale runs and hides itself under the bed because you break it's back everytime you step up onto it. If your scale could speak would it say, "Ugh, get off of me?"

I wake up in the morning and have to decide what I will eat and when I will eat. I have to excercise caution that I won't over eat.

So if you are one of those who comes across my blog, I certainly hope it encourages you.

I know how difficult it is to sacrifice for this cause, "The Battle of The Bulge."

I know how hard it is to go to a party and see all that food on the table. I swear I hear every bit of food saying, "Bite me,""No, bite me."

Yes cookies, candy bars, fruit drinks, and French rolls, call my name when I pass through the supermarket aisles. Don't you hear them too? They say, "David come and eat me."

I hear voices in my head that speak things like, "Oh, you can eat that, and that, and that. Oh have some of that too."

I have another voice in my head that says, "No you can't eat that." Did you want to know what's really scary? One of the voices that's tempting me sounds like Jack Nicholson. Aah...

And don't think that I don't get strange looks from people when I sit in a restaurant with a pen and paper in my hand writing everything that I am eating.

People don't understand, but I certainly do.

It's tough to lose weight. It's tough to keep that weight off once you have lost it. I can pass you onto a blog where one man lost 130-pounds. He's now striving to keep off that extra poundage.
He too is in "The Battle of The Bulge."

It never ends. It never ever will end. We, you, and anyone else in this battle will have to remain ever vigilant to keep off the extra pounds.

Sometimes I feel like an absolute neurotic. Maybe I have turned normal now that I am taking personal interest in my welfare. Maybe it's the one's who don't do anything who aren't normal.

I don't know. But, if you struggle, and you are at the beginning of your quest; just remember, we too are in the battle for our lives.

We fight, "The Battle of The Bulge."

I Will Beat This Drum Over And Over
You and I are overweight because we over eat. That's it. We ate more than we needed to survive and remain healthy.

It's time to cut back on those serving sizes. It's time to give up those chocolate shakes everyday. It's time to give up those bags of cookies, and bags of chips, and the cans of what ever you eat.

It's time to face the hunger. I do.

It's time to face the music and the truth. You have to EAT LESS FOOD.

There is no magic formula in that. It's not rocket science. It's the truth. And it is truly difficult to implement.

I love all the diet books that have formulas for eating a certain way. I love all the promises that the weight lose gurus promise. I have read them and I have tried much of the mumbo jumbo out there.

The simplest thing I can write is: EAT LESS and you will eventually lose weight. That's it.

Well how much less? Hmmm, try eating half of that McDonald's Big Mac. Maybe eat just a cheese burger. Maybe you should eat a child's happy meal. Then forget the chocolate shake.

Maybe you should start counting calories and writing them down like I do. I think that this is the absolute most efficient way to lose weight.

Honestly, that's all that I do. I EAT LESS FOOD. I have smaller portions of food than I did in the past. That's all that I have done to shed almost 49 pounds.

I didn't go out and run, bike, or exercise like a fiend to lose this weight. I ate smaller portions of food. That's it.


The Time Is Now For All Preponderant People To Make The Ultimate Sacrifice.

Bye for now...

__________________________________________________________

Today so far I consumed:



  • Stir fried steak and baby vegetables-12 ounces total weight
    Chunks of Sirloin Tip Steak (418 calories)
    Vegetables-baby carrots, baby corn, and pea pods (100 calories)
    Honey-teaspoonful (30 calories)
  • Broccoli soup-two bowls full (200 calories)
  • Bratwurst-two links (270 x 2=540 calories)
  • Diet Soda
  • Diet Snapple
  • Lean Cuisine-Grilled Chicken Pimavera (250 calories)
  • Banana-small (60 calories)
  • Grapefruit juice (90 calories)
  • Total calories for today 1,650

Well that's all I can eat for today.

This makes it about 150 calories over my target of 1,500 calories

___________________________________________________________

Yesterday Sunday July 8, 2007 I consumed

  • Oatmeal-one cup dry-two cups cooked (300 calories)
  • Syrup-1/4 cup (210 calories)
  • Milk (150 calories)
  • Chicken Patties-two breaded patties (440 calories)
  • Steak Chunks (418 calories)
  • Vegetables (100 calories)
  • Honey-one teaspoon (30 calories)
  • Diet Soda-44 ounce coke (0 calories)
  • Diet Snapple (0 calories)
  • Grapefruit juice-8 ounces (90 calories)
  • Total calories 1,738 calories

This leaves me with approximately 238 calories over my target of 1,500 calories.

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

I admit I am a fan now of your Blog and it does motivate me to do better. Eat less and be hungry and live with it. You are right.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...